Internal Number: 20124078-1
We need a highly-experienced senior software engineer (w/leadership) with hands-on experience with Agile and XP engineering practices. This position is an embedded coach/mentor for software engineering teams and will focus on the following:
This position will be embedded with engineering teams to provide skill uplift in Agile/XP Engineering practices, with key responsibilities around efficiency, effectiveness, and establishing the measures and metrics that define success.
- Work closely with scrum team members and other stakeholders to define the automated testing strategy/standards and the design of resilient, automated test components and test programs
- Expert developer, technologist, and coach with a desire to develop products that positively impact lives.
- A leader who loves to solve problems through technology.
- Significant hands-on experience across the entire technology stack.
- Involved in all stages of product design and development, from development of the MVP through architecting and building a scalable production system.
- Implement or recommend remediation steps by interaction with software engineers, product managers, agile facilitators, and managers on scrum teams.
- Continuous Integration
- Automated Unit Testing
- Automated Acceptance Testing
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Building Software Features in Vertical Slices
- Push-Button Releases
- 10+ years of experience analyzing, designing, testing, and implementing bespoke software solutions preferred
- 8+ years of experience with multiple programming technologies preferred
- Knowledge and expert level understanding of fundamental concepts of Agile software development, Continuous Integration, and Automated Testing
- Experience coaching and mentoring teams in Agile software development practices
- 5+ years working in a group that utilized comprehensive automated and test-first development preferred. (unit, component/integration, behavioral, functional testing)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment
- Strong written and communication skills. Able to support and mentor others in the application of appropriate design patterns and techniques
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal customers
- Has a stake in seeing the team succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Anticipated salary range: $115k-$160k
Bonus eligible: Yes
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
About Cardinal Health
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for healthcare facilities.We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of healthcare, delivering end-to-end solutions and data-driving insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care. With more than 50 years of experience, we seize the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges – now, and in the future.As a global, growing company, we’re able to offer rewarding careers that let you make a positive impact on our customers and communities.