IPG Photonics is the world leader in high-power fiber lasers, fiber amplifiers, hybrid fiber/solid-state lasers and diode lasers for use in a wide range of markets including materials processing, advanced technologies, telecommunications & medical applications. IPG manufactures fiber lasers operating at 0.5 – 5 microns. IPG’s 1um and 1.5um fiber lasers and amplifiers are particularly popular in single-frequency and linearly-polarized variants; providing products having the best available combination of performance, reliability and price. IPG’s newly developed 2-5 microns mid-IR lasers offer cost-effective solutions for sensing, spectroscopy, material processing & medical applications.
Founded in 1990, IPG Photonics pioneered the development and commercialization of optical fiber-based lasers, a new generation of lasers that combine the advantages of semiconductor diodes with the high amplification and precise beam qualities of specialty optical fibers. Fiber lasers deliver superior performance, reliability and usability at a lower total cost of ownership than conventional lasers and 15x more energy efficient than conventional lasers.
IPG’s fully vertically integrated manufacturing process provides significant competitive advantages and enhances its ability to meet customer requirements, manage costs and improve performance. IPG Photonics is headquartered in Oxford, MA with additional manufacturing and application facilities worldwide including Germany, Italy, and Russia.
IPG’s Medical Products Group is focused on developing next-generation medical products based on IPG’s state-of-the-art lasers.
- Develops, implements, and maintains methods, operation sequences, equipment, and processes in the fabrication of optical fibers. Interfaces with other disciplines in coordinating the release of new and revised equipment, processes and, products;
- Specifies, procures, installs, and reduces to practice new and modified manufacturing equipment and methods in an optical fiber manufacturing environment.
- Leads the transfer of processes, process improvements, and products from development to production.
- Develops, sustains, and improves manufacturing processes;
- Leads projects to improve yields and reduce manufacturing costs;
- Troubleshoots complex technical issues to root cause in production or in returned product in conjunction with manufacturing and quality staff;
- Trends and analyzes production data as required. Authors technical reports supporting development transfers, production problems, and process analysis/trending;
- 3+ years of work experience in process equipment engineering and manufacturing support, preferably including exposure to optical fiber;
- Successful record of hands-on equipment procurement/installation/startup projects;
- Experience with quartz optical fiber draw and related processes preferred;
- Experience with machine control systems and process automation preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in AutoCAD or SolidWorks preferred
- Position requires demonstrated competence in process equipment engineering and manufacturing support.
- Has worked within cross-functional engineering teams with responsibilities for defining process and product specifications, and the development of equipment to address those requirements.
- Demonstrated competence in project management, reporting, and presentations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical OR Electrical Engineering OR related field
- Self-starter, with demonstrated ability to follow-through and strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to interact with customers, consultants, and suppliers
- Ability to work in an environment with competing priorities is necessary
- Must be able to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Physical ability to lift and carry objects up to 25 lbs.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22C.F.R. §120.15 are required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, asylee. License exception Technology and software under restriction (TSR) defined in 15 CFR 740.6 may permit person from Country Group B.
The following link will take you to the government site with the list of Country Group B: https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/documents/regulation-docs/452-supplement-no-1-to-part-740-country-groups/file
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action M/F D/V
IPG Photonics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. All employment decisions and personnel actions at IPG Photonics are administered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, qualified mental or physical disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic carrier status, any veteran status, any military service, any application for any military service, or any other category or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. IPG Photonics Corporation provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact (508) 506-2527 or email [email protected] to request assistance. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5378762