Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over Approximately 2,300 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
The position manages all inbound raw materials, supplies, and finished goods. Manage productivity, training, training, and schedules of department employees. Monitor inventory, shipping, and receiving functions via MRP operating framework. Develop and monitor performance metrics for department. Although the location of the position is in Newton, NJ, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other Thorlabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Develops strategies for the use of local, domestic and global sourcing techniques to achieve best price, delivery and quality. Coordinates the negotiation of agreements with procurement to obtain these third-party service resources at the best price.
- Manages the network of suppliers supporting the value chain.
- Ensures that all suppliers comply with legal, quality and safety standards.
- Develops and maintains third-party service provider relationships, including international and domestic freight, warehousing and related logistics services.
- Investigates cause analysis issues for problem reconciliation and leads corrective action for complaints related to transportation, logistics handling and warehousing of finished products.
- Ensures that compliance processes for the transportation of hazardous materials are thorough, well understood and properly implemented.
- Collaborates with the Department Manager to manage the financial performance of the distribution center including supply cost control, staff overhead, and other expenditures.
- Defines and forecasts needed skills, tools and equipment to meet project objectives.
- Develops the appropriate physical work and procedures to satisfy internal customers.
- Promotes continual output improvements and actively contributes to culture of excellence, innovation and accountability.
- Provides leadership and direction to employees by increasing throughput and quality of the tasks.
- Participate in interview.
- Monitor attendance, performance, training; complete performance assessments; make termination recommendations as necessary.
- Manage department priorities.
In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work-related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Work may be very active, could stand for long durations and/or perform repetitious work at times. Typical activities can include but not limited to walking, twisting and turning, bending, reaching, reaching above the shoulders and stooping. Exerts and/or lifts up to 65 lbs. of force occasionally.
Receiving Clerk I&II, Receiving Coordinator
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5378761