Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Type: Full Time
Laser Systems (PL)
Years of Experience:
Internal Number: MPZH024
Menhir Photonics is a Swiss laser manufacturer offering laser solutions of unprecedented robustness and reliability to customers around the globe. Based in Zurich, Switzerland, our team has strong expertise in the development and production of ultrafast lasers for the markets of aerospace, telecom, and metrology. For our development and production site near Zurich, we are looking for a R&D Laser Engineer.
You will work in the laser development department with focus on product development, testing and production. You will closely interact with other functions of the company such as Electrical & Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, and the company management for continuously improving the laser products and transferring it full production. You will be responsible:
- The management of new laser development projects.
- The production of a few newly developed lasers.
- The transfer of newly developed lasers into full production.
- The management of R&D projects.
- You have PhD in physics or engineering, and > 5 years of experience in laser industry in the field of ultrafast lasers (fs and ps) and lasers assembly including experience with working under cleanroom conditions.
- Experience of development of ultrafast lasers and amplifiers.
- You are a team player and like working in a very dynamic team in a fast-growing business environment. You are willing to take responsibility, work independently and approach problems in an analytical way.
- Fluent knowledge of English is mandatory, German is an advantage.
- The position offered is a full-time position with starting date by June 2023.
- The workplace is located at our development and production site near Zurich (Glattbrugg).
If you are interested in learning more about this offer and getting to know us, please email your CV and tell us more about you at [email protected]