Location: Louisville, Colorado
Type: Full Time
Salary: $110,000 – $150,000 base
Manager / Supervisor
Years of Experience:
4 Year Degree
Infleqtion (ColdquantaLabs/Super.tech) is a global quantum technology company solving the world’s most challenging problems. The company harnesses quantum mechanics to build and integrate quantum computers, sensors, and networks. From fundamental physics to leading edge commercial products, Infleqtion enables “quantum everywhere” through our ecosystem of devices and platforms. We are currently searching for a Sales Manager, North American Research Market.
Infleqtion has 6 office locations, operating out of Austin, TX; Boulder/Louisville, CO; Madison, WI; Chicago, IL; London, UK; and Melbourne, AU. This position is a full-time, hybrid position which will be located in our Austin, Texas or Louisville, Colorado offices. Candidates based on other strategically important regions will also be considered.
The newly hired Sales Manager executes on the sales strategy for market growth and increasing sales revenue and market share for Infleqtion’s Quantum Components business in the North American academic research and government laboratory market.
The manager is responsible for sales activities, including developing and implementing sales strategies, growing sales with existing customers, proactively cultivate new leads using our extensive CRM database and new leads generated by Infleqtion’s marketing team and qualify each sales opportunity through the sales pipeline and close bookings. This position is responsible for relationship management of customers throughout the sales cycle. The Sales Manager is expected to build strong collaborative relationships and work closely with the Product Manager, Inside Sales Engineer and internal production and quality teams and to drive total customer satisfaction and attain annual bookings and sales revenue targets.
The duties and responsibilities outlined below include essential functions of the role. Depending on business needs, this role may perform a combination of some or all of the following duties. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engages with existing customer accounts to develop and maintain long-term relationships focused on sustained sales growth and proactively drives the cultivation of new sales opportunities
- Develops winning sales strategies to achieve company objectives and reports on progress in sales meetings
- Responsible for sales funnel management and actively growing new sales accounts
- Partners collaboratively with cross-functional team members to provide product solutions that meet customer needs and result in high quote conversion rates
- Ensures the highest levels of customer support and satisfaction
- Manage and grow customer accounts in assigned territory to meet annual bookings and sales revenue plans
- Cultivate direct, long-lasting relationships with key decision makers across major academic institutions, universities, and government labs to create sustainable, year-over-year bookings growth
- Partner directly with Inside Sales Engineering and Product Management to meet customers’ needs and company business objectives from qualifying to quoting customers
- Effectively use technology, tools, and processes (e.g., Salesforce) to manage all sales pipeline activities, from qualifying to closing deals, communication to customers and to internal teams, and to develop accurate bookings forecasts
- Prepare and present sales reports on territory/account progress and market trends during weekly Sales and commercial strategy meetings
- Provide technical and selling expertise to high value customers to “overserve” existing business and to deepen relationships to create long term, higher value, YOY bookings growth
- Cultivate application knowledge and share with Product Management and Marketing to support product promotions and positioning, as well as new product development
- Supports events, including conferences and tradeshows
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelor’s degree required. Technical Degree preferred in Physics, Eng., or Optics & Photonics
- 3-5 years of experience in a sales role for a market-leading company selling quantum or photonics products into the academic research and government lab markets in North America
- Demonstrated record of executing territory-based plans to achieve bookings targets
- Strong practitioner of sales processes and tools; key account planning, value selling, and contract negotiation, with the ability to focus and prioritize to meet business objectives
- Customer-centric mindset, with excellent relationship and account management skills
- Strong business acumen, understanding of sale cycles involved, supply chain, operations, and cost structures and how they drive profitable sales
- Exceptional technical, written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Experienced in MS Office Suite; proficiency with computer programs and CRMs (e.g., Salesforce)
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize initiatives, and take ownership in resolving issues with urgency
- Strong team player and proven ability to lead with influence in matrixed organization to achieve business results in a growing startup company
- This role requires that you do not require sponsorship or a work visa transfer
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.
Sales Territory and Travel
- The designated sales territory for this role North America (U.S.A. and Canada)
- This role will require domestic travel of 40-50% to support customer visits, conferences, and tradeshows
This position reports to the General Manager, Quantum Cores.
This position pays $115,000 to $150,000 (plus commissions)
In addition to your base compensation, we offer a generous Total Rewards program which includes:
- 100% company paid Employee coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short/Long Term Disability insurance programs
- Employer funded Health Savings Account
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401(k) safe harbor contribution
- Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account
- Paid FMLA Leave
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Employer Assistance Program
- Student Loan Repayment
Here you have freedom to embrace your whole self: who you love, your gender identity and expression, skin color, age, appearance, disability, neurodiversity, DNA, military/veteran status, citizenship, and other factors that make up who you are. Your uniqueness is valued, welcomed, and appreciated here. We are dedicated to providing a positive workplace and base all employment decisions on your qualifications, performance, merits, as well as business needs. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
If this opportunity interests you and you fit the job description, please submit an application. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
About Infleqtion (ColdQuanta)
Infleqtion (ColdquantaLabs/Super.tech) is a global quantum technology company solving the world’s most challenging problems. The company harnesses quantum mechanics to build and integrate quantum computers, sensors, and networks. From fundamental physics to leading edge commercial products, Infleqtion enables “quantum everywhere” through our ecosystem of devices and platforms.