Empa – the place where innovation starts
Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and the well-being of society.
The laboratory is looking for a PhD candidate to carry out research in the field of plasma-driven X-ray laser and spectrochemistry. You will utilize a compact X-ray laser and advance our insights in nano-scale materials spectroscopy. We offer a motivating supervision to learn at a worldwide unique research infrastructure in broad interdisciplinary surrounding. The PhD-thesis will be de-fended at the prestigious University of Zurich.
- Demonstration of unique capabilities of compact X-ray lasers for real-time spectroscopy.
- Development of complementary X-ray laser spectroscopy methods.
- Collection of experimental data and online processing to real-time scientific insights.
- Robust testing of creative ideas in the lab.
- Communication of the insights via peer-reviewed journals and at international conferences.
- MSc thesis in electrical engineering, spectroscopy or proven experience.
- Background in atomic physics, laser spectroscopy and optics.
- Background in methods, e.g. mass spectrometry, Raman, X-ray absorption, synchrotrons.
- Experience in data methods and basic statistics.
- Fluency in English and strong writing skills.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5378670