Location: Woburn, Massachusetts
Type: Full Time
Fiber Optics Technology (PF)
Holography and Diffractive Optics (FH)
Imaging Optical Design (FD)
Integrated Optics (PI)
Microscopy and Optical Coherence Tomography (BM)
NonImaging Optical Design (FN)
Optical Communications (PC)
Optical Fabrication & Testing (FM)
Optical Metrology (OR)
Optics in Digital Systems (ID)
Photonic Metamaterials (OP)
Years of Experience:
Irradiant Technologies is a cutting-edge startup specializing in the commercialization of Implosion Fabrication technology for creating nanoscale 3D photonic and optical components. We are on a mission to revolutionize the industry by developing innovative products and solutions that have a significant impact on a wide range of applications.
We are seeking a dedicated, hands-on Optical Engineer to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have a deep-seated passion for the practical application of light and optics, and thrive in a hands-on, lab-focused environment.
• Building, optimizing, and maintaining benchtop optical setups for various experiments and applications.
• Conducting precise optical measurements and analyses, and interpreting the results to guide improvements in our systems.
• Taking the lead in the assembly and upkeep of a lithography systems, ensuring efficient operation and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
• Collaborating closely with an interdisciplinary team of engineers, chemists, and materials scientists to implement and improve our Implosion Fabrication process.
• Actively participating in the design, simulation, and prototyping of novel photonic systems, with a strong focus on practical, hands-on execution.
• Assisting in the culture and operational best practices of our quickly growing startup.
• Proven expertise in practical, hands-on photonics and optics.
• Demonstrable experience with the design, assembly, alignment, and maintenance of optical systems, including benchtop setups and lithography systems.
• Proficiency in optical measurements and data interpretation.
• Knowledge of optical characterization techniques and benchwork.
• Experience with or willingness to learn about the design and optimization of novel photonic structures.
• Ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team and a lab-based environment.
About Irradiant Technologies Inc.