Location: Costa Mesa, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: $125,000 – 175,000
Display Technology (IT)
Holography and Diffractive Optics (FH)
Image Sensing and Pattern Recognition (IR)
Imaging Optical Design (FD)
Integrated Optics (PI)
Laser Systems (PL)
Optical Metrology (OR)
Optics in Digital Systems (ID)
Short Wavelength Sources and Attosecond/High Field Physics (OH)
Years of Experience:
4 Year Degree
Internal Number: 111
ABOUT OUR MISSION:
Optics 1, Inc., a Safran Group Company, is a technology leader in the design, development, and production of Integrated Electro-optical Systems for commercial and government applications. Leveraging our multi-disciplined engineering expertise in optics, electronics, software and mechanics, Optics 1 is able to design and deliver state-of-the-art electro-optical integrated systems.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for the overall performance of Optics 1 Camera Systems. This role will support new and existing product designs and play a critical part in implementing tests to ensure reliability and performance requirements are met throughout the design, manufacturing process and product life cycle.
- Apply technical expertise to contribute to test method development, implementation and validation for camera devices/systems, including LWIR, SWIR, Visible, and Low Light Level camera systems
- Develop systems, component, and subsystems requirements for all aspects of the design, including optical, mechanical, electronics, and firmware
- Creation of System Performance Specification, Concept of Operations, Compliance Matrix, FMEA, Risk Management Plan, Design Validation Test Plan, etc.
- Assess design feasibility and test product functionality and/or confirm product capabilities
- Participate in new product design and design improvements to existing products
- Creation of Preliminary designs, test plans, test procedures and reports
- Effectively communicate / work with peers. Must be comfortable presenting to and constructively interacting with customers.
- Assist in failure analysis and troubleshooting across of a variety of product platforms.
- Routinely interact with vendors / suppliers and demonstrate awareness of industry resources/ standards
- Possess a willingness to learn and apply good engineering practices to a wide variety of tasks
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Five years System Engineering experience camera/video products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Systems, Mechanical, or other relevant discipline
- Experience with requirements tractability
- Experience creating test procedures, test plans and developing reports
- Prior experience working with electro-optical imaging systems
- Demonstrated experience conducting qualification testing
- Strong organizational, presentation and customer relationship skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Must work well and thrive in a deadline driven, fast paced environment
- Ability to follow-up and anticipate in advance of requests in dealing with a diverse group
- Must be proactive and be creative in supporting daily challenges with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated leadership skills while having the ability to be a team player
- U.S. citizenship
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of programs, including MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project
Pay Range: $125,000 – 175,000
Join our team today at Career.Optics1.com!
EEO STATEMENT & ACCESSIBILITY:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
EOE/AA/M/F/Vets – US Protected Individual status required (US citizen, lawful permanent resident, asylee, refugee or temporary resident (as defined at 8 USC 1160(a).
About Safran Optics 1 Inc
Safran Optics 1 is a global leader in full-service design and production of electro-optic and navigation systems. Leveraging core competencies in defense technologies, Optics 1 provides unmatched, first-class mission solutions for military and law enforcement personnel. The company also offers solutions for commercial, aerospace, industrial, medical and research industries. Optics 1’s product portfolio includes devices and modules for surveillance and reconnaissance missions for dismounted soldier, airborne, naval and land vehicle operations. Optics 1 designs, develops, and manufactures products at its headquarters in Bedford, New Hampshire. The company also has additional research and development and engineering capabilities in Simi Valley and Costa Mesa, California. As part of the Safran Group, Optics 1 is also proud to provide capabilities from Safran Vectronix and Safran Electronics and Defense.