Location: Danbury, Connecticut
Type: Full Time
Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment
Imaging Optical Design (FD)
Systems and Instrumentation (FS)
Years of Experience:
4 Year Degree
Internal Number: ELECT001964
The Electro-Optical Systems Engineer maintains an understanding of the function and design of existing products, supports the development of new products and technologies on contractual programs or internal projects, and provides guidance and/or leadership of integrated product teams through the lifecycle of products, specializing in the areas of optical system performance design, analysis, and testing methods. The successful candidate will contribute to the development of imaging optical systems for orbital military reconnaissance systems.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and evaluating customer requirement documents.
- Development of analysis and simulation systems in MatLab or equivalent modeling tools to guide system design trades.
- Development and maintenance of specifications, technical budgets, requirements verification matrices, verification plans (including analysis plans and test plans), and review of test procedures and verification artifacts.
- Interfacing with customers through the product life cycle, from validation of requirements, support of platform conceptual interface development, requirements verification, sell-off, and post-delivery support.
- Working with program teams, including other engineering disciplines and program management, to develop optical system design concepts and decompose and flow down system requirements to lower-level assemblies and components.
- Preparation and presentation of material for formal design reviews and customer meetings, supporting system level testing, and generation of end item data package materials to demonstrate compliance to customer and internal requirements.
- Providing technical support to proposal activities and IR&D projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in physics, engineering or a related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years related experience, or
- Master’s degree with 2 years related experience
- Data analysis development in MatLab, Mathematica, or similar tools
- Experience writing technical reports and making technical presentations
About Danbury Mission Technologies
Come join a company where what you do makes a difference. For over 50 years, Danbury Mission Technologies, located in Danbury, CT has forged groundbreaking technologies that have pushed the limits of physics, engineered the impossible, and provided actionable intelligence to keep our Armed Forces and nation safe. We are dedicated to helping you grow your career by using all your talents, insights and experiences in a welcoming team environment. Bring your passion, commitment and curiosity and come grow with us as together we work to make our world a safer place.