Location: Danbury, Connecticut
Type: Full Time
Optical Metrology (OR)
Years of Experience:
4 Year Degree
Working onsite in our Danbury facility as a Senior Optical Metrology Engineer you will be responsible for the analysis of in-process and final optical metrology and microroughness measurements on precision optics and optical systems. You will employ scientific and mathematical principles to collect and analyze data across processes and products.
Major duties for this position include overseeing and performing analysis on precision inspections and measurements, machine use to the team by developing and executing assignments within the Optical Manufacturing organization. Responsibilities include:
- Lead in performing experimental design approaches to validate findings
- Apply scientific and mathematical principles to collect data and provide analysis
- Measure components and system integration of subassemblies
- May participate in designing experiments, preparing hypotheses to be tested, and developing models
- May participate in selecting relevant sources of information through suggestions of subject matter experts
- Ensure safe handling of in-process and deliverable hardware
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Optical Engineering or Physics. Other degrees of similar exposure to the math and sciences will be considered.
- Ability to work safely on fragile, high value optics
- Knowledge of optic theory and practical optic testing (i.e. Interferometry)
- Working knowledge of manufacturing standards and practices
- Strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- College Lab Course work
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in an optical manufacturing environment including working knowledge of optical blueprints and tolerances
- Ability to apply manufacturing skills in the production, inspection and test of optics and optical product
- Work spans across traditional manufacturing areas and laboratory environments
- Onsite presence is required
- Availability outside of nominal working hours when needed
Collaborating with world class experts, you will have the opportunity to develop innovative solutions in fulfillment of our customers’ requirements. We believe in our mission, and we believe in supporting our employees. We offer policies and programs that provide opportunities for continual learning, career growth and work/life balance along with a full suite of health and welfare benefits.
In compliance with company policy, all newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to beginning employment and must provide proof of full vaccination. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) prior to beginning employment.
Due to contract requirements, US citizenship is required. Additionally, if you are a dual citizen, the Company must obtain approval for you to have access to the information required for this position. You will not be able to begin employment until such approval is obtained and this may take several months.
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance. For your information, here is the form the government requires to begin the process of obtaining a clearance: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Danbury Mission Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
About Danbury Mission Technologies
Come join a company where what you do makes a difference. For over 50 years, Danbury Mission Technologies, located in Danbury, CT has forged groundbreaking technologies that have pushed the limits of physics, engineered the impossible, and provided actionable intelligence to keep our Armed Forces and nation safe. We are dedicated to helping you grow your career by using all your talents, insights and experiences in a welcoming team environment. Bring your passion, commitment and curiosity and come grow with us as together we work to make our world a safer place.