- PhD in physics, mathematics or engineering or equivalent qualification
- Experience in test beam instrumentation development and/or in silicon detector characterization and operation
- Deep interest in imaging methods and detectors for medical applications, especially in silicon detectors
- Outstanding teamwork abilities as well as excellent communication skills and knowledge of English
- Technology-transfer focused mindset
- Experience in interdisciplinary work and cooperation with scientific or industrial partners is an advantage
Look forward to a unique working environment on our international research campus. We attach particular importance to appreciative cooperation and the well-being of our DESY employees. Gender equality is an important aspect for us. To support work life balance we offer flexible working hours, variable part-time and job-sharing. You will benefit from our family-friendly and collegial atmosphere, our established health management and occupational pension provision. As a public funded employer, we offer you a secure workplace and facilitate your individual career with our comprehensive training and development opportunities. Remuneration is according to the regulations of the TV-AVH. DESY offers its employees a financial supplement for a job ticket at both locations.
For further information please contact Dr. Paul Schütze at +49 40 8998-6001 ([email protected]).
Please submit your complete application documents (letter of motivation and research interests, CV, list of publications, relevant certificates and three letters of references) via our application portal.Please use our online tool for the submission of the letters of reference: Additional application documents
We look forward to receiving your application via our application portal: APPLY NOW
DESY promotes equal opportunities and diversity. The professional development of women is very important to us and therefore we strongly encourage women to apply for the vacant position. Applications from severely disabled persons will be given preference if they are equally qualified.
You can find further information here:
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Phone: +49 40 8998-3392
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5378610