Location: Waitsfield, Vermont
Type: Full Time
Holography and Diffractive Optics (FH)
Imaging Optical Design (FD)
Microscopy and Optical Coherence Tomography (BM)
Optical Fabrication & Testing (FM)
Optical Metrology (OR)
Thin Films (FT)
Years of Experience:
Location: Waitsfield, Vermont (Mad River Valley)
Creative Microsystems Corporation (CMC) is a dynamic Vermont company specializing in high performance augmented reality and situational awareness technology development and commercialization. CMC is looking for highly motivated, out-of-the-box thinking individuals to join our unique team. Our expertise in displays, electro-optics, micro-lithography, material science, microelectronics and biomedical allows us to apply multi-disciplinary approaches to solving problems that often result in unique, technologically significant solutions.
This position is for an experienced optical engineer with a background in rapid development, test and integration, and unconventional problem solving. Demonstrated success with complex or challenging designs that were rapidly developed is a plus. This position will assist in the development of advanced displays, imaging systems and support technologies.
Creative Microsystems encourages applicants to include descriptions of personal projects and efforts that demonstrate these interests and capabilities outside of the workplace as well.
- Masters or PhD Degree and 4+ years of experience, or,
- BS with 10+ years of hands-on experience
- Imaging systems, lens design, modeling, lithography, diffractive optics & lasers
- Experience in designing and/or using holographic/diffractive optics,
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States. (We do not sponsor employment visas).
- Proficiency in optical modeling software (ZEMAX, LightTrans, Oslo etc.)
- Proficiency in RCWA technique using custom code
- Laboratory and optics bench techniques including using microscopy & lasers
- Design of systems using LEDs, lasers and imaging across the entire optical spectrum
- Developing, improving, analyzing, and integrating optical systems at various stages of projects leading to product introduction
- Managing the design and/or troubleshooting of new or existing optical set-ups
- Managing and/or designing optical metrology and characterization set ups in lab and clean room environments
- Managing and/or generating optical simulations and models
- Providing a range of support with optics expertise to the product development team
- Developing, reviewing, and providing input to technical documents (Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), System Requirements, Interface Control, System Specifications, User’s Manuals, internal datasheets, and references).
About Creative Micro
CMC is a small company specializing in advanced technology development. With a deep level of expertise across a broad set of disciplines, we identify new technology concepts in-house and produce new solutions to customer defined challenges. CMC is looking for highly motivated individuals to join our unique team. We offer a fast-paced environment where your contributions will make an impact and a high quality of life in the pristine mountains of Vermont.
Apply Here: https://jobs.workinoptics.com/jobs/rss/18378388/senior-optical-engineer