Location: Washington, D.C.
Type: Full Time
Years of Experience:
4 Year Degree
Optica is looking for a Corporate Engagement Outreach Manager.The Corporate Engagement Outreach Manager (CEOM) is responsible for a range of administrative duties in support of corporate membership relationships and the portfolio of industry special events and meetings. The position reports directly to the Deputy Senior Director Operations. The individual must be highly self-motivated, an effective communicator, capable of near and long-term planning, results-oriented, and a focused and responsive. The abilities to manage workload and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced non-profit environment are essential to this role.
- Assists with the planning and execution of industry online and in-person industry events. Duties include, but are not limited to, assistance with registration operations, oversight of online meeting logistics and technology support, real-time support during events, post-event follow-up and result reporting.
- Communicates directly with existing and potential corporate members and constituents to assist with customer service and information needs.
- Assists with the execution of promotional plans for individual events.
- Drafts text used online and in brochures to promote membership and events.
- Ability to draft articles from audio interviews and meetings.
- Ability to post and edit website text. Ability to post social media messages.
- Collaborates with the Optica communications and marketing departments in support of event promotion and branding.
- Collaborates with the IT staff in support of events. Duties include, but are not limited to, online event broadcasts and recordings, registration processing, video capture, audio-visual support, and hardware/software support.
- Participates in quality assurance activities, including but not limited to webpage and link reviews, registration form functionality, dashboard report generation, and proof-reading of external documents.
Education and Experience
- Successful experience with a full range of administrative and event-related tasks
- Six or more years of success in an administrative management position
- Outstanding record of customer relations interactions
- Direct experience drafting copy for constituents and prospects
- Strong track record of high integrity, good judgment, confidentiality, and discretion.
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal within a global, multicultural environment
- Proven experience as working on-site and remotely
- Outstanding process-oriented thinking
- Understanding of how professional societies and non-profit organizations work
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Aptitude for problem-solving and decision-making
- Excellent ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Top-level written and verbal communication skills
Estimated Travel: 10-25%.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected].
Optica is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, personal appearance, political affiliation, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Optica (formerly OSA) is dedicated to promoting the generation, application, archiving, and dissemination of knowledge in optics and photonics worldwide. Founded in 1916, it is the leading organization for scientists, engineers, business professionals, students, and others interested in the science of light. Optica’s renowned publications, meetings, online resources, and in-person activities fuel discoveries, shape real-life applications and accelerate scientific, technical, and educational achievement.