Location: Washington, D.C.
Type: Full Time
Applications of Visual Science (VA)
Applied Spectroscopy (IS)
Display Technology (IT)
Environmental Sensing (IE)
Years of Experience:
4 Year Degree
Optica is looking for an Exhibitor Services Coordinator (hybrid).
The Exhibitor Services Coordinator is responsible for resolving exhibitor requests as well as meeting exhibitor satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. This position will assist the Director, Exhibit Operations & Services in the production of three annual Conferences, several Congresses and Topical Meetings. The Coordinator will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services via phone/videoconference, through e-mail, and in person.
- Acts as exhibitors’ initial point of contact for all “after the sale” questions, including but not limited to booth/stand design, the online/printed Exhibitor Service Manual, housing & registration, newsletters, certificates of insurance and visa application support.
- Updates the Exhibitor Service Center web pages for all conferences and congresses.
- Assists the Director, Exhibit Operations & Services, the exhibit sales team, and senior meeting managers with the floor plan development for all conferences and congresses.
- Assists in determining promotional schedules, creating and distributing information (including but not limited to periodic exhibitor newsletters), and monitoring responses for show floor-related activities.
- Manages the collection and production of exhibitor-related information for the Buyers’ Guides for conferences and congresses.
- Helps develop constructive ways to address exhibitor challenges.
Exhibitor Registration Support:
- Ensures accurate and proper design of the Exhibitor paper and pdf registration forms.
- Processes incoming registrations in registration software (Cvent), sends registration confirmations and exhibitor communication in a timely manner.
- Serves as primary contact to Optica customer service team, sales, or other internal clients for exhibitor registration related questions and issues.
- Works with Director, Exhibit Operations & Services to promote interaction of exhibit team staff members to streamline procedures, set policies, and maximize efficiencies.
- Assists Registration Manager with all general registration processes as needed/assigned.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience in exhibit/tradeshow/event operations, or related work.
- Bachelors’ degree.
- Familiarity with CRM, Registration and Event Management softwares helpful;
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills;
- Excellent Communication skills (written and oral);
- Ability to travel up to 10% annually.
Optica is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, personal appearance, political affiliation, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other basis prohibited by law. All Optica employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica, formerly OSA, offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements via email to [email protected]. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
Optica (formerly OSA) is dedicated to promoting the generation, application, archiving, and dissemination of knowledge in optics and photonics worldwide. Founded in 1916, it is the leading organization for scientists, engineers, business professionals, students, and others interested in the science of light. Optica’s renowned publications, meetings, online resources, and in-person activities fuel discoveries, shape real-life applications and accelerate scientific, technical, and educational achievement.