Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over Approximately 2,300 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
As part of the TQE team, the Assembly Supervisor will be responsible for, but not limited to; supervising all aspects of a laser components manufacturing area, providing leadership to manufacturing Assembly technicians, planning and scheduling, hands on management of daily production floor activities
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the laser components production line WIP moves smoothly and the line is balanced
- Manage the production line Assembly technicians to meet monthly, weekly and daily production goals.
- Plan and report daily production performance.
- Address and drive resolution for production bottleneck areas.
- Ensure timely review and disposition (by engineers) of on-hold components; Implement corrective actions.
- Participate in process and engineering change reviews.
- Responsible for material consumption, starting and ending production orders in Microsoft AX.
- Work with planning on new starts and reworks scheduling
- Train production personnel to meet the forecasted demand.
- Manage production personnel with expectations and provide performance feedback on a regular basis.
- Write and conduct formal annual performance reviews for production personnel
The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Must have the ability to work in a clean-room environment with hazardous chemicals, compressed gases, lasers and high voltage on a regular basis, use personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, respirators, gloves and aprons.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5378525