Location: Tucson, Arizona
Type: Full Time
Years of Experience:
4 Year Degree
As a Test Engineering Section Head of the Laser Solutions Group, you will support new product development, production test development and sustaining. Responsible for troubleshooting line issues to determine root cause and possible engineering solutions. Determine opportunities for improvements in existing test processes. Ensures smooth implementation of design changes and performs process validation. Will work closely with R&D engineers to assure the smooth transfer of new products to manufacturing (Test). Responsible for all aspects of high power laser diode performance verification. This person will work closely with engineering, product development and production groups to characterize the performance of high power laser semiconductor diode chips, arrays and higher level of test assemblies.
- Develop and maintain production test processes and equipment for products produced.
- Support the production testing of electronic assemblies.
- Above average computer test programming skills: LabView, C++, Labview, LabVIEW, C, .NET, Visual Basic, Matlab or SQL
- Create and maintain necessary documentation for product specifications and testing.
- Ensures manufacturing system and subsystem process and parts meet design specifications when products are shipped.
- Facilitates quality improvement in the quality of test, in manufacturing processes, supplier parts and design.
- Ensures application of test repeatability and reproducibility standards to new and existing testing of products.
- Reviews and monitors processes and makes recommendations for improvements. Setup and monitoring statistical process and control (SPC) charts.
- Engineer test methodology, procedures and equipment to characterize high power laser diodes and other related assemblies. Includes designing, developing and maintaining test/burn-in procedures and stations used for production of high power laser diodes.
- Manage and conduct both Product Acceptance Tests (ATP) and Design Verification and Qualification Tests (DVQT) on new and existing products in line with requirements. Includes creating test plans, assembling test equipment, hands-on testing, analyzing results and generating reports.
- Review new product specifications and provide feedback on test methodology and feasibility.
- Maintain and improve existing test solutions through software and/or hardware upgrades
- Develop systems to report test results to engineering and production teams in a clear and precise manner.
- Work with R&D engineers to transfer new products to production line to ensure the manufacturability. Setup production line, SPC charts and yield report for the new production lines.
- Set up a system to perform the Maintenance/ Calibrations to all test equipment
- Lead process improvement teams intended to increase throughput by reducing process time and increasing yield (Lean/ Sigma).
- Write and maintain work instructions, station documents. Maintain and specify production equipment.
- Manage ISO 9000, ISO/TS 16949:2002 and AS9100 equipment calibration compliance.
- Work with information technology department to improve database structures and collection methods to improve manufacturing.
B.S or M.S Degree in Electrical Engineering or related subject or relevant industry experience. 2-5 years direct experience with manufacturing and characterizing high power laser diodes preferred. Must be goal oriented and use experience and judgment, as well as a certain degree of creativity and latitude to accomplish goals. Experience calculating and monitoring yields. Defining, designing and monitoring SPC charts. Strong computer skills (MS Access, Excel, Power Point, SPC, Minitab). Excellent communication skills. Willingness to commit to a project and the conviction to see the job through. Lean-sigma training and ability to lead a process improvement team. Must be able to perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision. Must be skilled in Excel and SQL/MS Access. Programming experience in Labview, LabVIEW, C, .NET, Visual Basic, Matlab or SQL. or a similar programming language is required. Will work in class 1000 clean room environment. Must wear Clean Room Attire duration of the time in the clean room.
[NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.]
Leonardo Company is a global leader in aerospace, defense and security because of their commitment to fostering a family-first culture. Our employees benefit from significant investment in research and development, a well-developed growth plan and the chance to thrive on an international team. Leonardo Electronics US Inc. shares a commitment to supporting our employees. We offer unique engineering projects, diverse career paths and professional growth opportunities as well as an award-winning wellness program. We are proud to do business in the United States so that we can bring our innovative products and services to government, military, and commercial clients throughout the nation. Our sales, engineering, manufacturing, and support services are located in Huntsville, AL and Tucson, AZ.