Location: Washington, D.C.
Type: Full Time
Years of Experience:
4 Year Degree
Optica seeks an HR Generalist. They will assist with the development and administration of core areas supporting our staff including recruitment, onboarding, training & development, employee relations, and people-focused policies, procedures, and the critical systems to support the employee experience. This individual will help improve our employees’ experience and plays a key role in fostering an organizational culture that is inclusive, appreciative, values learning, and intensely mission-focused.
1. Oversee full-cycle recruitment process and directly recruit from assistant to senior team positions; Employ traditional sourcing strategies, actively network and employ innovative, creative recruiting methods to hire the best talent
2. Facilitate and coordinate recruitment and selection process according to policies and procedures; set in place the recruitment team as appropriate;
3. Coordinate recruitments and orientations/transition of both new/ transferring staff.
4. Review and approve job position requests, job descriptions and make recommendations, ensuring accuracy and consistency
5. Coordinate vacancy posting in internal and external media as appropriate.
6. Coordinate interviews and provide interview outcome summary.
7. Ensure the tracking system of the recruitment process and compile monthly report on recruitment are maintained.
8. Partner with department head on job offers and contracts and ensure internal equity.
1. Assist the performance management process including creating a plan to manage annual reviews, conduct training on goal-setting, utilize budgets to organize development activities and work one-on-one with managers and employees
2. Coordinate and ensure timely completion of the annual performance evaluation process.
3. Coordinate and ensure timely completion of the annual merit plan process.
4. Provides process, support and guidance to senior leaders regarding succession planning, career development and talent management.
1. Assist with staff training and development programs, to include new employee onboarding, leadership development, skills-based training, and compliance-related training
2. Assist with plans of action for staff engagement as part of ensuring a comprehensive approach to support the well-being of staff and foster a positive working environment.
3. Work to actively engage in building trust with staff at all levels and in all roles.
4. Develop, gather and distribute educational reading and materials to all staff on a regular basis.
5. Partner with HR team to develop staff engagement activities.
HR Information and Reports
1. Coordinate internal staff communications, team-building and employee engagement activities.
2. Elevate requests as needed to department head.
3. Coordinate all HR reports (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) preparations.
4. Submit all HR reports or data request on time.
5. Actively participate in global and regional HR conferences to stay current in employment trends.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or required field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five years Human Resources experience.
- Experience with recruitment, training, employee relations, and records management.
- PHR certification preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Outstanding computer proficiency including MS Office applications and HRIS required.
- Effective written and oral communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to use discretion and judgment and to interact effectively in sensitive situations and maintain confidentiality.
- Good negotiation skills.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica, formerly OSA, offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]
Optica (formerly OSA) is dedicated to promoting the generation, application, archiving, and dissemination of knowledge in optics and photonics worldwide. Founded in 1916, it is the leading organization for scientists, engineers, business professionals, students, and others interested in the science of light. Optica’s renowned publications, meetings, online resources, and in-person activities fuel discoveries, shape real-life applications and accelerate scientific, technical, and educational achievement.
Apply Here: https://jobs.workinoptics.com/jobs/rss/18157949/hr-generalist