Location: Santa Barbara, California
Faculty 4-Year College/University
Internal Number: 3910579
University of California Santa Barbara
Salary range: The posted UC salary scales set the minimum pay determined by rank and/or step at appointment. See Table 3 for the salary range. A reasonable estimate for this position is a 9 month salary between $200,000 to $325,000 commensurate with experience. “Off-scale salaries” and other components of pay, i.e., a salary that is higher than the published system-wide salary at the designated rank and step, are offered when necessary to meet competitive conditions Anticipated start: July 1, 2024 Application Window
Open date: February 14, 2023
Next review date: Monday, May 1, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Sunday, Dec 31, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Materials department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching, professional visibility and service.
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
Additional qualifications (required at time of start)
- Primary consideration will be given to candidates who have established world-class, cross-disciplinary research in biomolecular/macromolecular, photonic, electronic, quantum, energy, or structural materials.
- We particularly encourage applications from candidates at the intersection of sub-disciplines, those engaged in research on sustainable materials, and/or those who have the goal of creating materials with new functionality or physical behavior with the potential for technological applications.
- It is expected that the candidate would demonstrate potential for integrative and collaborative research with the broader Materials community at UCSB, which has a longstanding reputation for collaborative research in advanced materials.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Statement of Research – 3 page limit
- Statement of Teaching – 2 page limit
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity – Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service. 2 page limit
- 3-4 required (contact information only)
Apply link: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/JPF02401
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California Policy on Vaccination Programs – With Updated Interim Amendments. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of receiving the COVID-19 Vaccine Primary Series or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, Religious Objection, and/or Deferral based on pregnancy or recent COVID-19 diagnosis and/or treatment) no later than the applicable deadline. All Covered Individuals must also provide proof of receiving the most recent CDC-recommended COVID-19 booster or properly decline such booster no later than the applicable deadline. New University of California employees should refer to Exhibit 2, Section II.C. of the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Attachment for applicable deadlines. All Covered Individuals must also provide proof of being Up-To-Date on seasonal influenza vaccination or properly decline such vaccination no later than the applicable deadline. Please refer to the Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Program Attachment. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
Santa Barbara, CA
To apply, please visit: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/JPF02401
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.