Alcon is the global leader in eye care, dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. With an over 75-year heritage, we are the largest eye care device company in the world, with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care. Being a truly global company, we work in 60 countries and serve patients in more than 140 countries. We have a long history of industry firsts, and each year we commit a substantial amount in Research and Development to meet customer needs and patient demands.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are looking for a Senior Opto-Mechanical Simulation Engineer to join our team in Fort Worth, TX. Some of the responsibilities will include the following:
- Plan and execute simulation projects in the area of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to support Surgical R&D project teams in Design and Development in order to reduce time and expense of device development and provide faster market access to safe and effective medical device technology.
• Investigate and evaluate existing simulation technology and implement new methods and processes as needed to provide simulation driven innovative product development
• When required, perform simulation for regulatory submission activities and post launch support for Global Medical Affairs and/or Market Access.
- Perform a wide range of technical work in the area of structural static and dynamic simulations. Requires strong analytical skills and thorough understanding of linear, nonlinear statics, quasi-static, implicit dynamic (transient, frequency) and explicit dynamic simulations (drop and impact test) including linear and nonlinear materials.
- Fundamental understanding of the design principles of optics
- Familiarity with optical design software including Zemax, Lumerical and SPEOS
- Expert user of Ansys mechanical, LS-Dyna and optistruct simulation software with demonstrated ability to efficiently model and simulate complex assemblies and perform convergence studies.
- Ability to verify and validate simulation with experimental results.
- Define simulation project requirements and objectives, generate statements of work, define timelines and ensure on-time completion of projects.
- Provide direction to mechanical and optical engineers early on into the project to minimize/eradicate design issues.
- Address unmet technical needs by developing and verifying new methods and techniques, leveraging knowledge of product portfolio. Leverage subject matter experts to build new capabilities and effectively incorporate into simulation plans for the benefit of projects.
- Establishes effective solutions for complex problems that involve interaction of several technical disciplines using technical analysis and problem solving capabilities.
- Develop large models of complex systems involving multiple physics to serve as virtual prototypes in support of all phases of product development, from early stage research, exploratory concept development and confirmatory through production release.
- Mentor other analysts and engineers in use of the technology within the context of projects.
- Accountable for producing professional analysis summary reports. Trusted to work on multiple simulation projects simultaneously
- With BS: minimum 8 years industry experience in the application of FEA for product development
- With MS or PhD: minimum 3 years with MS or 1 year with PhD, industry experience in the application of FEA for product development
- Physics, Mechanical, Aerospace or Biomedical Engineering with relevant course work in Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Structural Mechanics and Optical Sciences.
- Expert user of Ansys mechanical / workbench, Design modeler, LS-Dyna and Optistruct
- Experience with Creo, Solidworks or similar tool for CAD simplification
- Familiarity with optics and optical design software Zemax, Lumerical and SPEOS
Key Requirements/Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school +10 yrs; Assoc.+6 yrs; M.S.+0 yrs)
- The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
- 2 Years of Relevant Experience
- Work hours: M-F, standard
- Travel Requirements: None
- Relocation assistance: No
- Sponsorship available: Yes
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5378439