XCIMER Energy Company is a startup pursuing baseload energy production from inertial fusion. We are using the same fundamental physics recently proven by the NIF (National Ignition Facility), made economically viable by XCIMER’s novel, low-cost laser architecture. XCIMER was founded in 2021 by a team of experts in high-energy laser systems, nuclear physics, and fusion engineering, and is backed by leading clean energy and deep-tech investors. XCIMER’s comprehensive, integrated design for a power plant has been analyzed and reviewed by independent experts and offers the most assured path to put fusion energy on the grid within 10 years. XCIMER is currently finalizing plans for construction of a prototype, multi-kJ laser facility to demonstrate critical aspects of the XCIMER laser architecture.
Join us in a highly motivated startup bringing inexhaustible, carbon-free, and commercially viable inertial fusion energy through rigorous scientific and innovative engineering. You will work with Xcimer and its scientific partners developing computational models for the propagation of high intensity beams utilizing stimulated Raman and Brillouin scattering (SRS / SBS), through neutral gas cells and plasmas. You will be an integral part of a design effort to optimize multi-pumped-beam driven amplifiers and pulse compressors, and work with our engineering team to build and test them. These designs are for the staged demonstration of unprecedented, multi-megajoule-scale, inertial fusion energy drivers.
- S. (Ph.D. preferred) in Optical Science and Engineering or related fields.
- Deep experience in nonlinear optics and modeling of linear and nonlinear optical phenomena.
- Experience in plasma physics and gas dynamics.
- Experience with optical imaging systems and simulation.
- Proficiency with scientific computing tools such as Python or MATLAB.
- Proficiency with optical tools such as ZEMAX, ASAP, or other wave optics tools a plus.
- Familiarity with deep UV and excimer laser systems.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5378440