Location: Lexington, Massachusetts
Type: Full Time
Salary: 150,000-200,000 package
Academia, Research Laboratory
Years of Experience:
base, plus variable compensation
Telecommuting is allowed.
Internal Number: JB012423
Senior Sales Manager – Lasers, Life Science
Compensation package up to $200k (base + variable)
home (remote) office, NE preferred (MA, NY, NH, CT, PA, NJ)
Are you one of those rare people that likes cutting edge technology, market focused sales as well as interacting with other human beings? Do you have previous laser sales experience? Then we have an exciting home office based Senior Sales Manager role for you!
Help drive innovation
Our client makes fiber lasers, and they are very good at it. So good, in fact, that their markets have grown so much that they need to expand their Sales Team. That’s why they’re seeking an experienced Senior Sales Manager, to take care of existing and future customers within the Life Science market. Their customers are true innovators. They change the world with their breakthroughs in academia and advanced research on a corporate level.
You will be an integral part of their global Sales team and report directly to the Director of Sales – Americas. On a daily basis, you will interact with your domestic and international colleagues in the Global Sales, Strategic Marketing, and R&D teams.
Our client designs and manufactures market-leading products with an internationally recognized brand. They have the strategy. They have a loyal customer base. What they need is an experienced Senior Sales Manager to tie it all together to grow sales.
Not many days will be the same. You will use your expertise and network within the Life Science market (STED Microscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography, Two Photon holographic optogenetics, and more) to expand our client’s customer base. You will regularly meet and get to know new customers, get insights into their project dreams and wishes, and you will guide them while your sales funnel gets filled up with exciting and challenging new projects.
From the start, you will:
- Manage the overall customer relationship by establishing in-depth relationships with existing and target customers to understand their business requirements.
- Expand upon existing and emerging applications in collaboration with the team’s Product Line Directors and Product Line Specialists.
- Manage the existing sales funnel and expand it continuously.
- Meet or exceed sales targets.
- Work closely with Strategic Marketing and product line directors to implement future strategic plans.
- Expand our client’s reach within the Life Science market segment, growing market share and sales by finding new application areas for our client’s products
- Work closely with Marcom on regional exhibitions, events, campaigns, and initiatives. Interact regularly with the European and international sales force.
You will grow the agreed market segment (Life Science) by generating new opportunities with existing as well as new customers. You will be expected to visit customers often and partner with them, understanding their business requirements. You will create solution driven presentations to customers. You will work with other Sales Managers to develop and implement executable business plans for achieving and exceeding targets, including development of business cases for new customer opportunities, as well as working on strategic marketing plans with product line managers.
To be successful in this position, the following should be applicable to you:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar sales and Life Science focused market development position
- A network of academic and corporate decision makers within the Life Science community.
- Technical background (MS or PhD preferred) in photonics (engineering, physics, or chemistry).
- Strong analytical and reporting skills; able to identify and extract trends from stakeholder and market information.
- Highly structured and organized work habits, able to juggle multiple projects successfully.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Customer-focused, with the ability to build strong relationships and understand the real needs of customers (not just what they think they need).
- Passionate about expansion of the revenue in your territory and market segment.
- Responsible for implementing Department level goals and KPIs.
- Sets individuals goals and KPIs. Responsible for Department level people priorities and initiatives.
- Flexible, focused equally on deadlines and quality.
- Team spirit and able to work well with others. Open-minded with a positive attitude.
- Willing and able to travel an average of 50%, sometimes more, primarily within the US, with occasional int’l travel
About Rudzinsky Associates, client
Since 1968 Rudzinsky Associates (RA) has provided professionals and organizations with unparalleled talent acquisition, retained search, and talent consulting services in all aspects of Optics, and Photonics. Areas covered include: Optical Design/Engineering, Imaging, Electro-Optics, Optical Fabrication, Lasers, Optoelectronics, Fiber Optics, Instrumentation, Silicon Photonics, Advanced Materials, Software, and Electronics, and other related disciplines. RA can provide these services in North America, and globally in Asia, Europe, and Australia.