Type: Full Time
Integrated Optics (PI)
Photonic Detection (PD)
Quantum Computing and Communication (OC)
Quantum Optical Science and Technology (OQ)
Ultrafast Optical Phenomena (OU)
Years of Experience:
Salary is dependent on experience
Telecommuting is allowed.
About the company
Spark Photonics is an independent photonic integrated circuit (PIC) design enablement firm in the United States. We are an ambitious company working with leading silicon and III-V foundries worldwide. Our customers range from stealth-mode startups to large defense companies and government agencies.
We offer the following services to our customers:
- Integrated photonics design and layout
- Process design kit (PDK) development
- Consulting on PIC designs and applications
- Distribution and support of the Luceda IPKISS design software suite, as the official North American partner of Luceda Photonics
About the position
This opening is for the full-time position of Photonics Design Engineer, reporting to the Spark Photonics CEO. Part-time employment will be considered in exceptional cases. The position will be remote, with in-person company and customer meetings as appropriate. This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual who is looking to rapidly build their career experience in the world of integrated photonics.
The position will focus on the design and layout of PIC components (e.g., grating couplers, MMIs) and circuits as well as development and application engineering in the Luceda IPKISS software environment. The Photonics Design Engineer will also contribute to the direction of the company by working closely with the company’s founders. The ideal candidate is curious, inventive, able to deal with uncertainty, and motivated to tackle challenging designs for our customers.
Start date: March-April 2023, or as agreed upon
Requirements for this position include:
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- English language proficiency with excellent communication and analytical skills
- At least 2 years of experience in PIC design, either in a course of study or in industry
- Experience using PIC design/layout software
- Comfort working with commercial customers, including phone calls, emails, presentations, and reports
Preferred abilities and experience:
- Coding in Python, ideally in Luceda IPKISS
- Developing a component model library or full PDK
- Submitting layouts for multi-project wafer (MPW) and/or custom runs at leading photonics foundries, and the subsequent testing of the fabricated devices
- Designing for packaging/test/manufacturing
- Ability to travel occasionally
About Spark Photonics
About the company Spark Photonics is an independent photonic integrated circuit (PIC) design enablement firm in the United States. We are an ambitious company working with leading silicon and III-V foundries worldwide. Our customers range from stealth-mode startups to large defense companies and government agencies.
Apply Here: https://jobs.workinoptics.com/jobs/rss/18152252/photonics-design-engineer