Location: Boulder, Colorado
Type: Full Time
Thin Films (FT)
Years of Experience:
Additional bonus earning potential
4 Year Degree
Alpine Research Optics is looking for a Sales & Marketing Manager to join our team! If you thrive in a technical sales environment and have experience in the Optics & Photonics industry, we would love to talk with you about this exciting opportunity!
Established in 1991, Alpine Research Optics has a distinguished reputation for providing optics to the laser, semiconductor, and medical & scientific research markets, produced in its clean modern facility in Boulder, CO. We are very proud to have many of the world-renowned universities and national laboratories as permanent customers. Learn more online at https://arocorp.com/.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage Sales and Customer Service Team to consistently grow sales profitably, through exceptional customer experience.
• Manage, support, and participate in sales activities (inside & outside) and business development that will help to achieve annual sales goals.
• Work with and communicate internally with engineering and production teams to meet customer requirements, including manufacturability and short deliveries.
• Develop and maintain award-winning website, creative marketing materials, and system to measure effectiveness of marketing efforts.
• Research and identify new markets and work to develop new customers.
• Responsible for all facets of industry trade shows and other industry related events.
• Effective utilization of CRM database. Develop performance metrics.
• Develop systems of capturing RFQs that were no-bid to help identify opportunities for capability expansion.
• Maintain thorough understanding of precision optics market as well as customer’s products and how our optics and coatings are used in them.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals and objectives of the department and the company.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS:
ARO offers a competitive benefits package for our full-time employees, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, short-term disability, simple IRA with company match, flexible spending account, paid holidays, paid sick leave, and paid vacation.
Salary: $90,000 – $120,000 per year base salary, with bonus earning potential
ARO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and
support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.
• At least 10 years of optics or photonics experience
• At least 3 years of management experience
• Bachelor’s Degree (Physics, Engineering, or Science preferred)
• Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills
• Have a methodical and detail-oriented approach to work by organizing and prioritizing.
• Communicate effectively (both oral and written), relay instructions and information clearly, provide feedback when appropriate to ensure instructions are understood clearly.
• Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with multiple deadlines.
• Strong desire to find solutions to complex issues and to close sales.
About ARO (Alpine Research Optics)
Established in 1991, Alpine Research Optics has a distinguished reputation for providing optics to the laser, semiconductor, and medical and scientific research markets, produced in its clean modern facility in Boulder, CO.