At Meta’s Reality Labs Research, our goal is to make world-class consumer virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences. Come work alongside world leading scientists and engineers to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world. We are currently seeking scientists with experience designing and modeling advanced optical systems for near-to-eye display applications. Successful candidates must be comfortable working in a dynamic, cross-functional team and have experience in optical system design and innovation.
Optical Scientist, Optical System and Design Responsibilities
- Bring optical physics, geometrical optics, and hands-on in the lab skills to develop new AR breakthrough architectures.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop our major technology demonstrations in the lab.
- PhD degree or equivalent experience in Optical Sciences, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in applied research and/or product development in complex opto-mechanical systems.
- Experience with optical design software involving waveguide propagation, polarization, and/or diffracting structures.
- Experience with multiple optical technologies in the areas such as polarization optics, imaging or illumination systems, light sources, thin films, adaptive optics, or color science.
- Experience developing complex systems and drive system level main trade-offs.
- Experience with hands-on laboratory work with optics metrology tools such as interferometers, image quality testers, and polarimeters.
- Experience collaborating in a cross-group and cross-cultural environment.
- 3+ years experience designing and prototyping complex optical systems.
- Experience moving a research optical concept into a product.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5378448