Santa Barbara Infrared, Inc. is currently recruiting for the position of Electro-Optical Systems Engineer. The Electro-Optical Systems Engineer’s primary responsibility will be to design, integrate and characterize electro-optical test systems in support of SBIR Market segments (Infrared Scene Projectors, Standard Commercial Products and Integrated Electro-Optical Test Systems.
Santa Barbara Infrared, Inc. (SBIR) is a very successful, fast-paced subsidiary of HEICO Corporation, (NYSE: HEI, HEI.A). For more than 60 years, HEICO has thrived by serving segments of the aerospace, defense, and electronics industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. Forbes Magazine has ranked HEICO as one of the 200 “Best Small Companies” and 200 “Hot Shot Stocks”.
Santa Barbara Infrared, Inc. designs and manufactures the most technologically advanced Infrared (IR) and Electro-Optical (E-O) test instrumentation. SBIR’s broad line of innovative products support testing of military and commercial sensor systems for world-wide use in laboratory, production, depot and field test applications. SBIR’s high-energy, dynamic culture focuses our Team Members’ on providing quality products and services to our customers. We provide highly integrated, well-engineered, cost effective hardware and software solutions to the E-O community. In doing so, SBIR has become the preferred supplier to major domestic and international manufacturers of commercial and military E-O sensors and systems.
- BS/BA in Engineering or other relevant technical degree
- 2 years’ experience in electro-optics, infrared systems or related field. An advanced degree may count towards years of experience
- Excellent trouble-shooting capability and analytical skills
- Ability to set priorities and organizing incoming projects
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, and basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- 3-5+ years’ experience in electro-optics, infrared systems or related field preferred. An advanced degree may count towards years of experience
- Experience using electrical and optical measuring instruments: multimeters, oscilloscopes, IR cameras and microscopes
- Experience performing radiometric measurements and modeling E/O systems
- Proficiency with image data analysis software
- Experience with proper handling of ESD sensitive parts, including PCB cards
- Working knowledge of MEMS and/or photolithography fabrication processes
Due to US Export Control Regulations compliance, eligible candidates MUST be a US citizen, permanent resident or a person who has been granted asylum; proper documentation required. Pre-employment verifications: must pass background, reference and ITAR/EAR checks in addition to a pre-employment drug screen.
This position offers many benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, HSA, FSA, alternate work week schedule, LTD, life insurance and much more.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5378452