Location: San Jose, California
Type: Full Time
Academia, Research Laboratory
Years of Experience:
Telecommuting is allowed.
Internal Number: JB0123
Senior Sales Manager – Lasers, Materials Science
Compensation package $180,000- $200,000
Western Region, based in California home (remote) office
Are you one of those rare people that likes cutting edge technology, market focused sales as well as interacting with other human beings? Do you have previous laser or photonics sales experience? Then we have an exciting and home office based Senior Sales Manager role on the West Coast for you.
Help drive innovation
Our client makes fiber lasers, and they are good at it. So good, in fact, that their markets have grown so much that they need to expand their Sales Team. That’s why they’re seeking an experienced Senior Sales Manager, to take care of existing and future customers on the West Coast and in Western Canada. Their customers are true innovators. They change the world with their breakthroughs in academia and advanced research on a corporate level.
You will be an integral part of their global Sales team and report directly to the Director of Sales – Americas. On a daily basis, you will interact with your domestic and international colleagues in the Global Sales, Strategic Marketing, and R&D teams.
Our client designs and manufactures market-leading laser based products with an internationally recognized brand. They have the strategy. They have a loyal customer base. What they need is an experienced Senior Sales Manager to tie it all together on the West Coast and in Western Canada to grow sales.
Not many days will be the same. You will use your expertise and network within the Materials Science Field (i.e. Materials Test, Measurement and Characterization, Sorting and beyond) to expand our client’s customer base. You will regularly meet and get to know new customers, get insights into their project dreams and wishes, and you will guide them while your sales funnel gets filled up with exciting and challenging new projects.
From the start, you will:
- Manage the overall customer relationship by establishing in-depth relationships with existing and target customers to understand their business requirements.
- Expand upon existing and emerging applications in collaboration with the team’s Product Line Directors and Product Line Specialists.
- Manage the existing sales funnel and expand it continuously.
- Meet or exceed sales targets.
- Work closely with Strategic Marketing and product line directors to implement future strategic plans.
- Expand Materials Science markets, market share and sales, finding new application areas for our client’s products
- Work closely with Marcom on regional exhibitions, events, campaigns, and initiatives. Interact regularly with the European and international sales force.
You will grow the agreed market segment (Materials Science) by generating new opportunities with existing as well as developing new customers. You will be expected to visit customers often and partner with them, understanding their business requirements. You will create solution driven presentations to customers. You will work with other Sales Managers to develop and implement executable business plans for achieving and exceeding targets, including development of business cases for new customer opportunities, as well as working on strategic marketing plans with product line managers.
To be successful in this position, the following should be applicable to you:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar sales and materials science focused market development position
- A network of academic and corporate decision makers within the materials science community.
- Technical background (MS or PhD preferred) in photonics (engineering, physics, or chemistry).
- Strong analytical and reporting skills; able to identify and extract trends from stakeholder and market information.
- Highly structured and organized work habits, able to juggle multiple projects successfully.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Customer-focused, with the ability to build strong relationships and understand the real needs of customers (not just what they think they need).
- Passionate about expansion of the revenue in your territory and market segment.
- Responsible for implementing Department level goals and KPIs.
- Sets individuals goals and KPIs. Responsible for Department level people priorities and initiatives.
- Flexible, focused equally on deadlines and quality.
- Team spirit and able to work well with others. Open-minded with a positive attitude.
- Willing and able to travel an average of 50%, primarily within your territory of the western states of the US
About Rudzinsky Associates, client
Since 1968 Rudzinsky Associates (RA) has provided professionals and organizations with unparalleled talent acquisition, retained search, and talent consulting services in all aspects of Optics, and Photonics. Areas covered include: Optical Design/Engineering, Imaging, Electro-Optics, Optical Fabrication, Lasers, Optoelectronics, Fiber Optics, Instrumentation, Silicon Photonics, Advanced Materials, Software, and Electronics, and other related disciplines. RA can provide these services in North America, and globally in Asia, Europe, and Australia.