Location: Oakland, New Jersey
Type: Full Time
Manager / Supervisor
Years of Experience:
Internal Number: RAOP1122
Optical Fabrication Lead, Supervisor, Manager
Tri-State, NJ/NY/CT area, 90-140k+, Engaged Search
5k$ finders fee for the referral of a candidate hired by our client!!
About our Client: Optics Professionals’ (OP’s)s & Rudzinsky Associates’ (RA’s) client is an established, growing precision optics manufacturer providing both standard catalog and custom optics products from the UV to the Infrared in a variety of sizes and shapes including: windows, lenses, mirrors, prisms, filters. Our clients new manufacturing facility offers state of the art fabrication, polishing, machining, testing and coating equipment to satisfy a diverse range of customers and applications.
This is a flexible opportunity for an individual to apply their precision optics fabrication skills as a lead or if a supervisor already, supervise ort move into a working manager role of a small team as their working lead.
Reports To: COO
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of the Optical Fabrication Supervisor/Mgr / Lead is to lead the optical shop in the grinding and polishing of spherical and aspherical lenses as needed according to prints, work orders in order to meet delivery requirements as required by management.
Secondary responsibilities include supervision of lens technicians in the department. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Task lens technicians with assignments to meet delivery requirements in accordance with production schedules and supervisor instructions
- Ensure lens technicians follow all written company procedures, documented work procedures, and equipment manufacturers operating instructions for all associated work equipment
- Train lens technicians in operation of any and all equipment necessary to perform their job function
- Ensure all scheduled work is performed and documented correctly by lens technicians
- Attend production meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma, or GED, required
- Solid understanding and abilities in basic math: addition, subtraction, division, etc. Ability to convert between different units of measurement, such as inches to mm, and others.
- Comfortable using computers and information tools, spreadsheets, to log activities and enter work times, and other work flow/ product, inventory information.
- 10+ years experience with optical fabrication of a variety of optical components, (shapes, sizes, materials) including: blocking, edging, beveling grinding and especially lens generation and polishing equipment and related activities.
- Working experience with a variety of optical test and measurement equipment including interferometers, micrometers, and other relevant tools.
- Ability to lift approximately 40 pounds to waist level.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with small parts and tools – screws, screwdrivers, etc
- May be required to work with heated parts and around hot plates
About Rudzinsky Associates, Client
Since 1968 Rudzinsky Associates (RA) has provided professionals and organizations with unparalleled talent acquisition, retained search, and talent consulting services in all aspects of Optics, and Photonics. Areas covered include: Optical Design/Engineering, Imaging, Electro-Optics, Optical Fabrication, Lasers, Optoelectronics, Fiber Optics, Instrumentation, Silicon Photonics, Advanced Materials, Software, and Electronics, and other related disciplines. RA can provide these services in North America, and globally in Asia, Europe, and Australia.