Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Type: Full Time
Years of Experience:
Aqronos is looking for a talented engineer who leads the efforts for developing chip-scale and widely tunable lasers for its LiDAR systems. The position requires involvement in the full development cycle of such lasers, from design and modeling of active and passive photonic components to testing and characterization and, finally, integration and packaging of a reliable laser product.
What you will do:
- Develop numerical models for active gain medium and passive external cavity.
- Implement hybrid and heterogenous integration of gain chip with silicon photonics platform.
- Characterize external cavity tunable laser performances and develop test automation.
- Communicate with commercial fabs and help to develop chip layout.
- Develop a theoretical framework for external-cavity laser linewidth calculations.
What we need from you:
- Master or Ph.D. in an appropriate discipline and technical work experience.
- Experience with commercial CAD software for passive and active photonic components simulation.
- Solid knowledge of silicon photonics and laser physics.
- Hands-on experience with test equipment, optical alignment, and data analysis.
AQRONOS’s goal is to create an easier and more enjoyable life to everyone. With this objective, we endeavor to optimize our LiDAR technology to establish a safe, reliable, and comfortable self-driving system and expedite the application of smart robots in daily uses. Our breakthrough R&D projects include self-driving vehicles, security robots, autonomous logistics, etc. AQRONOS will be a platform that brings self-driving technology, robotic technology, and artificial intelligence into people’s revolutionary lifestyles.
We are a diverse team of passionate and ambitious individuals with expertise in engineering, manufacturing, business, communication, and design. We are looking for talent who shares the same vision with us to challenge ourselves, lead innovation, and change the world.