Location: Maynard, Massachusetts
Type: Full Time
Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment
Years of Experience:
Internal Number: 1394345
Acacia, part of Cisco, provides innovative silicon-based high speed optical interconnect products to accelerate network scalability through advancements in performance, capacity and cost. Our DSP ASICs, silicon photonic PICs and coherent modules empower cloud and service providers to meet the fast-growing demand for data. We have assembled a team of cross-functional experts capable of solving the challenges of next generation optical interconnects, resulting in industry-leading, award-winning products. Come join us at Cisco, named the #1 world’s best workplaces and do purposeful work that makes a global impact and gives back to a company culture that empowers an inclusive future for all.
The Senior System Application Engineer will work to promote and support next generation 400G to multi-Terabit coherent optical communications products. This role is for a key contributor focused on enabling our customers and partners to ensure their successful development and deployment of next-generation telecom systems for carriers, network operators and data centers. The role combines application your existing engineering knowledge and skills with knowledge learned on the job from Acacia’s experts to meet the needs of our customer Engineering teams. Above all your skills capturing, replicating, defining and resolving diverse and highly technical issues will be called upon daily in this dynamic role.
Key Essential Functions:
- Provide technical guidance, educate and partner with our customers to ensure successful application of Acacia products.
- Provide rapid level 1 and level 2 technical support for customer Engineering lab and deployed system field issues.
- Advocate and communicate internally for customer product needs including specifications, features and roadmap.
- Author application notes, product specifications and Python scripts and contribute to technical presentations and marketing documents.
- Provide full life cycle technical support for Acacia products in the areas of HW, SW, mechanical, thermal and reliability. This includes future roadmap discussions, alpha sample test support, host card development, system verification, product reliability and field issue resolution.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Education:
- A bachelor’s or master’s majoring in Electrical, Optical, Network Communications or Physics.
- 7 or more years of design or customer support experience in fiber optic telecommunications.
- Working knowledge of coherent optical transceiver / DSP applications and design.
- Experience deploying coherent optical transceivers across a variety of network topologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a knack for solving technical challenges.
- Experience collaborating with customers on optical communications products and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to author and contribute to highly technical documents and materials including Python scripts, application notes, manuals, specifications and technology presentations.
- Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Bachelors or Masters degree or equivalent work experience in one of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years work experience in ASIC design and/or integration
- Substantial experience w/ automation and scripting using Tcl, Perl, and/or Python
- Knowledge of Make and unix shell-scripting
- Experience with RTL synthesis tools (RTL Compiler, DC-NXT, etc.)
- Experience with logic equivalency tools (LEC, Formality, etc.)
- STA using tempus or primetime
- Experience with low power design tools and/or techniques
- Physical design and/or DFT (JTAG, MBIST, LBIST) experience is a plus
- Previous experience with chip level integrations is a plus
- Familiarity with source control tools and concepts (SVN, CVS, etc.)
- Famility with 5nm processes and beyond is a plus
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you! #WeAreCisco