Location: Novi, Michigan
Type: Full Time
Salary: $100,000 – $120,000/year
Image Sensing and Pattern Recognition (IR)
Imaging Optical Design (FD)
Optical Metrology (OR)
Photonic Detection (PD)
Systems and Instrumentation (FS)
Years of Experience:
If you are a Systems Engineer with Machine Vision experience, looking to join a creative emerging technology company, we are looking for you. You will be experienced in designing and development of system architecture for industrial automation equipment. Also, be curious about Radiant’s technology and looking for a position where you will be challenged, learn new technologies and grow.
In this position, you have the unique opportunity to work with both our sales and engineering groups, while being directly engaged with our customers developing machine vision solutions that help our customers improve product quality.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design/Develop overall system architecture for machine-vision related industrial control projects
- Design, assemble, program, test, and validate automation equipment and inspection systems involving:
- Custom Sensors and Optics
- Material Handling
- Specify and configure various hardware components such as instrumentation, PLCs, communication systems, and industrial control panels
- Perform functional testing of electrical and control systems
- Develop procedures for test, training, safety, cleaning, maintenance, operation, and troubleshooting
- Assist in the construction of initial systems and develop standard work system builds
- Provide support in all aspects of installation, FAT/SAT execution, and commissioning
- Ensure all equipment design and installation works to its specification; troubleshoot any diagnostic faults or implications
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, similar, or a combination of education and work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the control system industry with machine vision experience, strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of electrical/controls circuitry and schematics.
- Experience with 3D CAD software and software for wiring diagrams.
- Experience with both the physical integration and programming aspect of blended mechanical/electrical systems.
- Experience with Vision Systems, Embedded Systems, and/or Sensor Integration.
- Excellent “hands-on” mechanical aptitude with basic hand tool proficiency.
- Analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to evaluate, interpret, negotiate, recommend, and implement actions/solutions for moderately complex problems.
- Strong organizational skills with detail orientation necessary to handle multiple moderately complex tasks.
- Experience working independently as well as in a team environment with a broad cross-section of people.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively present, explain and communicate moderately complex technical information to all levels of personnel and management.
- Instrumentation calibration / startup experience.
- Experience commissioning in “live” environments.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Benefits @ Radiant
Radiant Vision Systems offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base compensation, an incentive target bonus (for non-commission eligible positions; the payout is based on both the company’s performance and the employee’s performance), time off (vacation, sick leave, and floating holiday), parental leave, medical dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as 401k to include a matching contribution from the company and immediate vesting. Learn more about Radiant’s benefits by visiting our Careers Page. These benefits are designed to support our employees’ well-being, financial security, and work-life balance.
This position is eligible for experience specific compensation ranges based candidate experience and compensation will be aligned and determined based on this criteria. Fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges. Final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to experience levels, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Radiant Vision Systems works with world-class brands and manufacturers to deliver creative visual inspection solutions that improve quality, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction. Radiant’s legacy of technology innovation in photometric imaging and worldwide install base date back more than 30 years and address applications from consumer electronics to automotive manufacturing. Radiant Vision Systems product lines include TrueTest™ automated visual inspection software for quality control, and ProMetric® Imaging Colorimeters and Photometers, machine vision solutions, and goniometric systems. EOE
About Radiant Vision Systems
World leaders in lighting and displays rely on Radiant Vision Systems for test and measurement solutions that ensure quality, reduce costs, and improve efficiencies. Based in Redmond, WA, Radiant Vision Systems, LLC, develops and manufactures imaging colorimeters and photometers, lens components, and software for automated light & color measurement and defect detection. These solutions are applied to ensure product quality throughout manufacturing of consumer electronics, automotive lighting and displays, avionics, medical devices, and more. Radiant has proven production experience with thousands of cameras testing millions of lights and displays. We approach each application with a wider range of solution options, a global base of experience, and a depth of understanding that enable us to keep raising the benchmarks for practical performance.