Location: Washington, D.C.
Type: Full Time
Academia, Research Laboratory
Manager / Supervisor
Years of Experience:
Internal Number: posted 1/10/23 Alison Tay
The Editorial Development Manager supports editorial activities for a portfolio of Optica Publishing Group journals, providing input and trends data that informs ongoing and new strategies intended to not only retain but to improve the Journals’ reputation in the community, standing in the marketplace, and ultimately the ability to drive revenue from them that supports Optica’s programs. The position supports the Sr. Publisher/Executive Editor in their work with the Editors-in-Chief. Specific tasks include managing the monthly status meetings with each Editor-in-Chief, monitoring editorial board performance statistics, supporting special initiatives to attract and retain authors, ensuring the Journals’ topic scopes evolve to include emerging research areas, and maintaining or improving key journal metrics.
- Monitor journal and competitor performance statistics and implement strategies to improve the key metrics and reputation of each journal in the portfolio.
- Assist in creating editorial development plans that communicate the Journal’s mission and the Editor-in-Chief’s vision. Track progress in achieving goals.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with Editors-in-Chief, Deputy Editors and other editorial board members. Manage regular meetings, activities, and engagement.
- Help the Editors-in-Chief solicit feature issues on engaging topics.
- Support the promotion of content from the journals to increase visibility and add value for readers.
- Manage special initiatives such as journal anniversaries, best paper prizes, and webinars.
- Maintain regular interaction with other staff to keep abreast of issues affecting the journals managed.
- Ensure the journal websites are kept up-to-date.
- Prepare and update presentations on Optica Publishing Group activities used by editors and other volunteers in their travels.
- Support efforts related to Editor-in-Chief selection committees.
- Support the development and implementation of editor training.
Optica is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, personal appearance, political affiliation, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other basis prohibited by law. All Optica employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica, formerly OSA, offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements via email to [email protected]. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
Optica (formerly OSA) is dedicated to promoting the generation, application, archiving, and dissemination of knowledge in optics and photonics worldwide. Founded in 1916, it is the leading organization for scientists, engineers, business professionals, students, and others interested in the science of light. Optica’s renowned publications, meetings, online resources, and in-person activities fuel discoveries, shape real-life applications and accelerate scientific, technical, and educational achievement.
Apply Here: https://jobs.workinoptics.com/jobs/rss/18030651/editorial-development-manager