Location: Warsaw, Poland
Type: Full Time
Salary: GAI 228 000 PLN (~ 51 000 EUR)
Academia, Research Laboratory
Years of Experience:
Annual gross salary max 228 000 PLN (~51 000 EUR) to min 143 000 PLN (~32 000 EUR) depending on experience and expertise.
ENSEMBLE3 Centre of Excellence for nanophotonics, advanced materials and novel crystal growth-based technologies
The Centre is funded through the International Research Agenda of the Foundation for Polish Science under axis IV of the Smart Growth Operational Programme, Measure 4.3, and the Teaming for Excellence H2020 Programme.
ENSEMBLE3 is a new Centre of Excellence for nanophotonics, advanced materials and novel crystal growth-based technologies located in Warsaw, Poland, jointly established by institutions from Poland, Germany, Italy and Spain. The centre will work on the development of novel material technologies and advanced materials with unique electromagnetic properties that could have applications in areas such as photonics, optoelectronics, telecommunications, solar energy conversion, medicine, and aerospace.
SENIOR RESEARCHER AT ENSEMBLE3 CoE SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINE: PHOTONICS, OPTOELECTRONICS, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, MATERIAL SCIENCE, OR RELATED FIELDS
Applications are invited from excellent scientists to help the Centre of Excellence be at the forefront of the scientific world and advance their own careers. The candidate will be responsible for expanding the applications for materials developed at the Centre to photonic elements and devices that will go beyond the state of the art in modern photonics and optoelectronics. Various properties and functionalities of the crystal growth materials to be developed at the Centre have already been demonstrated. These could be developed for further applications in addition to the new ideas expected from the new members. The development of new ideas for crystal growth based materials that have the potential to act as active photonic elements and energy devices will be the main area.
Key responsibilities include:
- Organising and conducting research that places the Centre at the forefront of worldwide scientific developments;
- Collaboration with other groups of the Centre;
- Disseminating results to the public and scientific circles;
- Applying for funding;
- A full-time position;
- The opportunity to work in an innovative scientific environment;
- International collaboration with experienced researchers;
- Administrative support with visas and related documents;
- Access to well-equipped core facilities.
Key evaluation criteria (candidate profile and requirements):
- Demonstrated extensive experience in photonics, optoelectronics, metamaterials, and related research;
- A PhD in a discipline relevant to the Centre’s research programme;
- Outstanding research accomplishments reflected in publications;
- Leadership skills necessary to establish and manage the research laboratory;
- Demonstrated ability in obtaining research funding;
- Openness to internal and external collaborations.
- Curriculum vitae;
- Proof of PhD;
- Research record with a complete list of publications;
- Cover letter outlining how you meet the search criteria and can contribute to the operation of the Centre;
- Names and contact information of three senior scientists who can serve as referees;
- A brief description of a research plan that fits within the Centre’s research agenda.
About ENSEMBLE3 Centre of Excellence
ENSEMBLE3 is a new Centre of Excellence for nanophotonics, advanced materials, and novel crystal growth-based technologies located in Warsaw, Poland, created jointly by institutions from Poland, Germany, Italy, and Spain. The Centre will work on the development of novel material technologies and advanced materials with unique electromagnetic properties, with potential applications in fields such as photonics, optoelectronics, telecommunication, solar energy conversion, medicine, and aerospace.