Location: Warsaw, Poland
Type: Full Time
Salary: GAI 268 000 PLN (~ 56 000 EUR)
Academia, Research Laboratory
Photonic Metamaterials (OP)
Years of Experience:
Annual gross salary max. 268 000 PLN (~ 56 000 EUR)
ENSEMBLE3 Centre of Excellence for nanophotonics, advanced materials and novel crystal growth-based technologies
The Centre is funded through the International Research Agenda of the Foundation for Polish Science under axis IV of the Smart Growth Operational Programme, Measure 4.3, and the Teaming for Excellence H2020 Programme.
ENSEMBLE3 is a new Centre of Excellence for nanophotonics, advanced materials and novel crystal growth-based technologies located in Warsaw, Poland, jointly established by institutions from Poland, Germany, Italy and Spain. The centre will work on the development of novel material technologies and advanced materials with unique electromagnetic properties that could have applications in areas such as photonics, optoelectronics, telecommunications, solar energy conversion, medicine, and aerospace.
This group will be responsible for extending the applications for the materials developed in the project and at the Centre to photonic elements that will go beyond the state of the art in modern photonics and optoelectronics. Several properties and functionalities of the crystal-growth materials being developed at the Centre have already been demonstrated. These could be further developed into applications, in addition to anticipated new ideas from the group leader and group members. Of particular interest would be applications in lighting, telecommunications, nonlinear optics, THz sources, integrated optical isolators, and others. At the same time, proposing novel ideas for crystal-growth based materials that have the potential to act as photonic elements, as well as the demonstration of unique optical phenomena, and the potential use of such materials in optoelectronics, will be the focus of this group’s work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establishing and supervising the research group;
- Organising and conducting research that places the Centre at the forefront of worldwide scientific developments;
- Collaboration with other groups of the Centre;
- Dissemination of results to the public and scientific circles;
- Seeking industrial collaborations;
- Applying for funding;
- A full-time position;
- The opportunity to work in an innovative scientific environment;
- International collaboration with experienced researchers;
- Start-up package and funds to run your group and recruit additional group members such as postdocs, PhD students and MSc students;
- Administrative support for recruiting, visa and related documentation;
- Access to well-equipped core facilities.
Key assessment criteria (profile of candidates and requirements):
- A PhD in a discipline relevant to the Centre’s research programme;
- Outstanding research accomplishments reflected in publications;
- Leadership skills necessary to establish and manage the research group;
- Demonstrated ability in obtaining research funding;
- Openness to internal and external collaborations;
- Extensive network of scientific institutions and individuals to build extended international cooperation.
- Curriculum vitae;
- Proof of PhD;
- Research record with a complete list of publications;
- Cover letter outlining how you meet the search criteria and can contribute to the operation of the Centre;
- Names and contact information of three senior scientists who can serve as referees.
- A brief description of a research plan that fits within the Centre’s research agenda.
About ENSEMBLE3 Centre of Excellence
ENSEMBLE3 is a new Centre of Excellence for nanophotonics, advanced materials, and novel crystal growth-based technologies located in Warsaw, Poland, created jointly by institutions from Poland, Germany, Italy, and Spain. The Centre will work on the development of novel material technologies and advanced materials with unique electromagnetic properties, with potential applications in fields such as photonics, optoelectronics, telecommunication, solar energy conversion, medicine, and aerospace.