Location: San Jose, California
Type: Full Time
Applied Spectroscopy (IS)
Environmental Sensing (IE)
Fundamental Laser Sciences (OF)
Holography and Diffractive Optics (FH)
Laser Systems (PL)
Lasers in Manufacturing (FL)
Microscopy and Optical Coherence Tomography (BM)
Optical Biosensors (BB)
Optical Cooling and Trapping (OT)
Optical Metrology (OR)
Optical Trapping and Manipulation in Molecular and Cellular Biology (BT)
Photonic Metamaterials (OP)
Quantum Optical Science and Technology (OQ)
Ultrafast Optical Phenomena (OU)
Years of Experience:
HÜBNER Photonics is expanding its US-based technical sales team and looking for a talent to fill the position of Technical Sales Engineer, with placement out of the HUBNER Photonics, Inc. office in San Jose, California. The position is open to a remote role for US residing candidates.
HÜBNER Photonics develop, manufacture, and supply innovative high-performance lasers and laser systems for use in a broad range of life science, quality control, and metrology applications. With recognition on the market for exceptional quality and reliability, we supply lasers internationally to leading manufacturers of analytical instrumentation equipment as well as to some of the most renowned universities and research labs in the world.
The successful candidate will join a growing team of dedicated Sales and Product Management professionals, building customer relationships by providing knowledgeable technical support and exceptional customer service. As a Technical Sales Engineer in North America you will be supporting and developing business relations throughout North America. Through daily interactions with many of the leading companies and research institutions in our target markets, you will assist customers in selecting photonics tools that are optimized for advancing their research and the successful development of sophisticated analytical instrumentation products.
Actively promoting the brand recognition of HÜBNER Photonics in the North America region, we are looking for a Technical Sales Engineer who is motivated to continuously find new ways to create long-lasting good relations.
As a Technical Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for all Sales and Customer Service activities in your regions. Your primary responsibility would be:
- Sales of high-performance lasers and laser systems to customers.
- Cultivate high quality relationships with customers through value added consultative selling and after sales service.
- Provide first line technical support by developing detailed knowledge of HÜBNER Photonics’ products and how they perform in common customer applications.
- Regular interactions with the Cobolt and HÜBNER Photonics Product Managers and R&D teams in Sweden and Germany to address complex technical issues and provide complete and timely feedback to customer’s request for information.
- Provide technical support to customers on highly advanced photonics equipment.
- You will be expected to travel to meet customers and participate in selected trade shows and conferences. However, most daily customer interactions are expected to be through video meetings and mail conversations.
We are looking for a motivated, creative, and ambitious person with a strong photonics technical knowledge and interest in sales:
- Technical education and work-experience with highly qualified laser products
- Experience in lasers, other photonics products, or within any of our target application areas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Goal-oriented, competitive, and tenacious
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability and inclination to be empathetic, responsive, and resourceful in solving customer problems
- A genuine interest in and capability to learn complex products and achieve a good understanding of their applications is a must
- Experience from R&D and/or Research is an advantage
- Positive, optimistic attitude and professional appearance
- Fluent in English
- Driver’s License
- Applicants must have a valid work permit and a permit to travel internationally
About Hubner Photonics Inc.
HUBNER Photonics is at the forefront of the industry in developing and manufacturing high performance lasers. We provide ultra-low noise, single mode solid-state lasers with a high level of wavelength flexibility in the UV-Visible-NIR spectral range. The lasers are manufactured using our unique and proprietary HTCureTM technology yielding unrivaled robustness and reliability.The combination of uncompromising optical performance with unparalleled tolerance to demanding environmental conditions has made Cobolt lasers the preferred choice by leading instrument manufacturers and scientists worldwide.