Location: Bandon, Oregon
Type: Full Time
Years of Experience:
The General Manager is an essential member of our leadership team. This position provides direction and support to develop high performing individuals in business development, operations, production, quality, supply chain, engineering, machine shop, maintenance, scheduling, and IT. Together through innovation, teamwork, customer focus, passion, and integrity we produce high quality components for optical devices that are critical to functions in the military, medical, and industrial industries. The General Manager plays an integral role in helping people and our company be successful and grow.
- Work closely with the company owners and management team in the development and execution of company strategy, goals, and objectives.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators, and ensure measured improvement in the elimination of waste and implementation of best practices to ensure company health, financial well-being, and customer satisfaction.
- Mentor direct reports to enhance their engagement and realize their full potential within the organization.
- Visit new and existing customers to maintain effective communication, understand and develop existing and new opportunities, and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Lead in customer negotiations and program management of major contracts and awards.
- Identify, evaluate, manage, and oversee the business development pipeline.
- Oversee all Requests for Quotes ensuring accurate costs, prices, and timely response.
- Ensure operations meet customer demand for quality and delivery.
- Work closely with internal resources to drive innovation and practical solutions for our customers.
- Work with HR in the development and monitoring of the employee value proposition and drive employees toward the mindset of a shareholder in the company.
- Oversee attendance at trade shows and implement other marketing programs in support of goals and objectives.
- Serve as a key representative of the company to customers, suppliers, general optics industry, and local community.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of business management experience in optical components.
- Understanding of the customers, suppliers, equipment, and manufacturing processes within the optics industry.
- Financial intelligence in relation to overall business performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Optics, Management or Engineering is preferred.
- Experience working with an ERP.
- Experience in the development and execution of strategic plans.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Expertise implementing Lean Manufacturing and Six-Sigma techniques and tools.
- Experience in organizational compliance to ISO 9001:2015, CMMC, ITAR, and EAR.
About Hardin Optical Company
Hardin Optical is your source for high precision optics: from rapid prototype development and custom fabrication to mass production.Established in 1976, Hardin Optical is located in the beautiful coastal community of Bandon, Oregon. For over three decades we have manufactured high quality optical components and systems. A strong emphasis on research and statistical process control keeps us at the industry forefront and sustains our technical versatility.Our facility incorporates all the latest optical tools and equipment necessary for producing high precision optical products. In addition, our complete machine shop provides custom fabrication and in-house tool development for complete project support and maintenance.Hardin Optical Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V