Location: Redmond, Washington
Type: Full Time
Image Sensing and Pattern Recognition (IR)
Imaging Optical Design (FD)
Optical Metrology (OR)
Photonic Detection (PD)
Systems and Instrumentation (FS)
Years of Experience:
4 Year Degree
This position plays a vital role in interfacing with Radiant Vision Systems global customer base and distributor network by providing expert level technical support of our light and color measurement systems.
The Application Engineer contributes to Radiant’s sales team efforts (both pre and post-sale) by providing technical support in developing measurement solutions; preparing and delivering product presentations / demonstrations; evaluating customer readiness and conducting training, as well as identifying and resolving application or environmental issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responds to technical inquiries via phone and email, working across other teams to obtain additional information or support, and managing customer expectations.
- Develops alternative technical solutions; planning systems integration; isolating problems and communicating technical solutions; providing support estimates.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information with our own systems.
- Other responsibilities can include; software testing, creating instructions for diagnosing and repairing hardware.
- Practices quality service by following organization standards.
- Creating and maintaining product standards documentation, application notes, training manuals, and knowledge base libraries.
- Conducting training sessions for both customers (domestic and international) and internal personnel.
Desired Skills & Experience
- B.S. in Physics, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- A new graduate or 1-2 years of work experience.
- Experience in technical sales or sales support highly desired.
- High energy level and unquenchable desire to learn our business from the ground up (manufacturing floor to customer).
- Ability to effectively and succinctly communicate with end users and our global distributor network.
- Highly organized with an ability to efficiently handle numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly isolate problems and implement solutions in real-time.
- General programming skills would be advantageous.
- Experience with presenting technical information to a wide range of audiences with a confident presence.
- Ability to learn new concepts and systems quickly.
- An outgoing personality with a passion for supporting the customer.
- International and domestic travel generally up to approximately 35%-50% of the time
Radiant Vision Systems works with world-class brands and manufacturers to deliver creative visual inspection solutions that improve quality, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction. Radiant’s legacy of technology innovation in photometric imaging and worldwide install base date back more than 30 years and address applications from consumer electronics to automotive manufacturing. Radiant Vision Systems product lines include TrueTest™ automated visual inspection software for quality control, and ProMetric® Imaging Colorimeters and Photometers, machine vision solutions, and goniometric systems. EOE
About Radiant Vision Systems
World leaders in lighting and displays rely on Radiant Vision Systems for test and measurement solutions that ensure quality, reduce costs, and improve efficiencies. Based in Redmond, WA, Radiant Vision Systems, LLC, develops and manufactures imaging colorimeters and photometers, lens components, and software for automated light & color measurement and defect detection. These solutions are applied to ensure product quality throughout manufacturing of consumer electronics, automotive lighting and displays, avionics, medical devices, and more. Radiant has proven production experience with thousands of cameras testing millions of lights and displays. We approach each application with a wider range of solution options, a global base of experience, and a depth of understanding that enable us to keep raising the benchmarks for practical performance.