Location: Warsaw, Poland
Type: Full Time
Salary: GAI 268 000 PLN (~ 56 000 EUR)
Academia, Research Laboratory
Photonic Metamaterials (OP)
Years of Experience:
Annual gross salary max. 268 000 PLN (~ 56 000 EUR)
ENSEMBLE3 is a new Centre of Excellence for nanophotonics, advanced materials and novel crystal growth-based technologies based in Warsaw, Poland, jointly established by institutions from Poland, Germany, Italy and Spain. The centre will work on the development of novel materials technologies and advanced materials with unique electromagnetic properties that could have applications in areas such as photonics, optoelectronics, telecommunications, solar energy conversion, medicine, and aerospace.
We are soliciting applications from scientists to lead the group: Biophotonic Applications. This group will be responsible for extending the applications of the materials developed in the project and at the Centre to biophotonic elements and devices beyond the state of the art in modern photonics and optoelectronics. Several properties and functionalities of the crystal growth materials to be developed at the Centre have already been demonstrated.
These could be further developed into biophotonic applications in addition to the new ideas expected from the group leader and group members. The development of novel ideas for crystal growth-based materials that can function as biophotonic elements and devices, the demonstration of unique optical phenomena, and the potential use of such materials in biological applications, including cancer diagnosis and health improvement, are the main tasks of this group.
- Establishment and management of the research group;
- Organising and carrying out research efforts that will place the Centre at the forefront of worldwide scientific developments;
- Collaboration with other groups of the Centre;
- Disseminating results to the public and scientific communities;
- Applying for funding;
- Seeking industrial collaborations.
- Full-time employment;
- The opportunity to work in an innovative scientific environment;
- International collaboration with experienced researchers;
- Start-up package and funds to manage your group and recruit additional group members such as postdocs, PhD and MSc students;
- Administrative support for recruitment, visa issuance and related documents;
- Access to well-staffed core facilities.
Profile of candidate/requirements
- A Ph.D. in a discipline relevant to the Centre’s research programme;
- Outstanding research accomplishments reflected in publications;
- Leadership skills necessary to establish and manage the research group;
- Demonstrated excellence in obtaining research funding;
- Expertise in biomedical applications of materials, such as chemical/biological sensors;
- Openness to internal and external collaborations;
- Extensive network of scientific institutions and individuals to build extended international collaboration.
- Curriculum vitae;
- Proof of PhD;
- Research record with a complete list of publications;
- Cover letter explaining how you meet the search criteria and can contribute to the work of the Centre;
- Names and contact information of three senior researchers who can serve as references;
- A brief description of a research plan that fits within the Centre’s research agenda.
About ENSEMBLE3 Centre of Excellence
ENSEMBLE3 is a new Centre of Excellence for nanophotonics, advanced materials, and novel crystal growth-based technologies located in Warsaw, Poland, created jointly by institutions from Poland, Germany, Italy, and Spain. The Centre will work on the development of novel material technologies and advanced materials with unique electromagnetic properties, with potential applications in fields such as photonics, optoelectronics, telecommunication, solar energy conversion, medicine, and aerospace.