Our work at Hach ensures water quality for people around the world. Our customer partnerships, passionate experts, and reliable, easy-to-use solutions make water analysis better—faster, simpler, greener, and more informative. As a member of our team, you’ll get to make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within industries from aviation to manufacturing to mining. You’ll also be part of an environment that fosters career growth and professional development, with kindness at its core. And you’ll be part of our mission, which drives us to develop water quality solutions that protect the health and safety of all living things.
Hach is proud to be one of Danaher’s Water Quality companies. Motivated by the highest possible stakes of climate change and global health, we’re working together within a rapidly digitizing industry to find innovative technologies that guarantee the safety of our water and our environment.
We are a great place to work!
- Large 3 building campus which includes a new building designed from the ground up for Research and Development.
- Work environment like a college senior design project on steroids – we work in close-knit collaborative teams comprised of nearly all engineering disciplines.
- We keep many things in house (10m EMC chamber, HALT chamber, PCA/SMT line, injection molding, fabrication, production/manufacturing, etc.)
- Opportunities to work with Global R&D colleagues.
- Part of Danaher – providing many career growth opportunities worldwide.
- We are a leader in the industry of water quality which continues to grow in worldwide importance.
This R&D Optical Engineer position will be focused on leading and supporting the development of innovative and robust optical design solutions for next generation Hach sensor products! In this role, you will be working closely with both R&D product development teams and advanced research groups to bring these solutions to realization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the design, characterization, and integration of optical components (e.g., lenses, optical filters, light sources, spectrometers, photodiodes, etc.) into next generation Hach sensor products.
- Perform optical modeling of critical component technologies to ensure they meet system requirements.
- Devise test and validation plans of the optical components and help define performance specifications for these components.
- Lead and conduct research into cutting edge optics technologies and solutions to enable future Hach sensor innovations.
- Help ensure Loveland R&D Optics Lab meets the current and upcoming product development needs as primary user.
- Interface with external vendors to determine optimal and reliable component solutions.
- Work closely with Engineering, Project Management and Quality personnel.
The ideal candidate is an experienced professional who can develop talent, foster innovation, and deliver results. Must have:
- BS degree, MS preferred, in the field of Optical Sciences, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline with 5+ years of experience in Optical Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience with developing optics for products.
- Experience in optical lens design and fabrication.
- Demonstrated experience with Design of Experiments and associated methodologies for optical components/systems.
- Understanding of opto-mechanical system assembly and packaging, tolerance analysis, and stray light analysis.
- Experience with statistical data analysis methods using software such as JMP, MATLAB, Python.
- Familiar with optics metrology tools such as monochromators, light power meters, spectrophotometers.
- Experience with optical design using standard design software such as Zemax.
Key Behaviors for Success:
- High level of engineering curiosity, creativity, and passion for the craft.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience working in a cross-functional collaboration environment.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor teams and individuals.
The salary range for this role is 90K-140K. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for bonus/incentive pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through the Careers Page at https://jobs.danaher.com/global/en/ (or through the Workday “Find Jobs” function if you are a current employee)
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5377384