Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Integrated Optics (PI)
Laser Systems (PL)
Nonlinear Optics (OL)
Optical Communications (PC)
Years of Experience:
Internal Number: AE20220221
VPIphotonics, a premier provider of professional simulation software and design services for transmission systems, integrated photonics, optoelectronics, and fiber optics, offers several positions in Berlin, Germany. Our worldwide customer base targets applications in telecom, datacom, sensing, and signal processing applications.
To enhance our team, we seek the talents of Application Engineers at all experience levels to work in our Technical Services & Specifications team, focusing on integrated photonics, optoelectronics, and related applications.
Successful candidates will provide and drive technical leadership and business development for VPIphotonics products and services. Responsibilities will include:
- Technical pre-/post-sales support and customer training in specification areas
- Technical presentations at customer meetings and tradeshows
- Contribution to externally funded R&D projects
- Participation in the development, incl. knowledge transfer from research activities
- Co-publication of scientific and engineering results at conferences and journals
Skills and Experience
- A master’s degree in electrical engineering or physics is mandatory. A Ph.D. degree and significant relevant professional experience would be a plus.
- A good understanding of the design and manufacturing processes of integrated photonics and optoelectronics applications, including underlying technologies, is essential.
- Experience with VPIphotonics design tools is highly preferred.
- Solid programming experience in Python (or Matlab) is highly preferred.
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of German is a plus.
Further, we envision that the successful candidate will have
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Self-motivation, ability to conduct independent research
- Solid people skills, ability to lead and work in a team
Join our team to work alongside global equipment manufacturers, service providers, and research institutes. VPIphotonics will provide comprehensive product training, flexible work hours, occasional travels, and an exciting and rewarding international career path to successful candidates. We can consider only candidates with a valid EU Work Permit.
Salary will be negotiated depending on the candidates’ qualifications and experience. If you want to be considered, please send your resume by Mar-31, 2022 to [email protected].