Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over Approximately 2,300 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
The position is responsible for architecting and developing innovative, reusable Web-Based tools. Senior web developers develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies. Programming, UI design and data modeling are all elements of this position. Senior programmers lead project teams, conduct code releases and assist with the design of UI architecture. Although the location of the position is in Newton, NJ, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other Thorlabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Develop innovative, reusable Web-based tools.
- Lead dedicated project teams to develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Take a lead in determining appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to Development Team.
- Conduct peer to peer code reviews to ensure efficient, bug free secure code deployment.
- Provide team mentoring to help advance junior team members.
- Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to customers.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Conduct code releases.
In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
This is largely a sedentary role.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- 5 years minimum experience in UI Development with HTML/XHTML and CSS, Angular, React, VueJS, Bootstrap
- 2 year minimum experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL
- Prefer candidates with Agile/Scrum experience
- BS in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with microservice architecture, document databases and API development a plus.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Project Management and team leadership ability
- Source control and issue tracking strength
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5377365