Location: Allentown, Pennsylvania
Type: Full Time
Required Education: Masters
Fiber Optics Technology (PF)
Integrated Optics (PI)
Optical Communications (PC)
Years of Experience:
Internal Number: 202283
Infinera is committed to developing high-capacity transport and routable subcarrier edge network solutions. The successful candidate will work within the PIC design and engineering team and engage in a simulation, data analysis and lead product development from reliable design concepts, performance verification and optimization and transfer to manufacturing. The broad job responsibilities include hands-on work in the design of high-speed integrated photonic components, implementing the designs through the fab and testing the resulting circuits to verify performance. Experience in several of the key areas listed below is required.
The ASIC Package Electrical Engineer is responsible for the electrical design and optimization of advanced packages for DSPs and other ASICs which support multi-tens of Gb/s data rates. The engineer will be responsible for leading the electrical portion of the ASIC package design effort from ball map to netlist and layout while addressing signal integrity, power integrity, power density, shielding, and other electrical~mechanical factors. The candidate should be experienced with single and multi-chip packages which incorporate analog, digital and ultra high-frequency circuits. The engineer should be competent with CAD mechanical design tools, circuit extraction techniques, and various types of circuit modeling, characterization and optimization techniques. The position requires collaboration with IC circuit designers, package designers, PCB designers and suppliers to ensure the achievement of manufacturability, reliability and cost requirements.
- Serve as the primary package electrical engineering interface to the ASIC design team
- Collaborate with design teams to optimize ASIC floorplans, interconnects, signal integrity, etc. to meet product performance targets
- Lead electrical package design reviews
- Characterize and measure electrical performance of prototype and pre-production package designs
- Support mechanical/thermal/reliability simulation and or experimentation as required
- Support package technology roadmap efforts
- Generate required documentation to support development efforts and transfer to manufacturing
- MS-EE required, PhD-EE a plus; 2 years of practical experience or equivalent
- Strong fundamentals in EM, transmission lines and microwave theory
- In-depth understanding of frequency domain and time analysis and impact on high-speed signaling; understanding of optical transceivers is a plus
- Competent with 2D and 3D EM simulation tools such as Ansys HFSS, SI-Wave, Momentum, COMSOL, CST, PowerSI, Redhawk, etc.
- Working knowledge of circuit design tools: such as Spectre, ADS, HSpice; familiarity with IC package layout tools like APD or PADS
- A team player with strong communication, presentation and documentation skills
- Ability to travel up to ~25%
San Jose CA or Allentown PA
Please note that Infinera has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, our employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation for a medical/disability or religious basis is approved or as otherwise required by law. Candidates are not required to and must not furnish proof of vaccination or request an accommodation during the application process. Candidates will be required to do so only after a job offer has been extended and prior to their start date if they accept the job offer. A person is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the person has received one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and two weeks have passed since receiving the final dose of the vaccine.