Location: San Jose,
Type: Full Time
Fiber Modeling and Fabrication (FF)
Fiber Optics Technology (PF)
Optical Communications (PC)
Years of Experience:
Telecommuting is allowed.
Internal Number: 20211091
nfinera is the global supplier of innovative networking solutions. Our customers include the leading service providers, data center operators, internet content providers (ICPs), cable operators, enterprises, and government agencies worldwide, including 9 of the top 10 Tier 1 service providers and 6 of the top 7 ICPs. We design, develop and deliver hardware and software for fiber-based connectivity solutions that span access, aggregation, metro, long haul, and submarine network. Our industry-leading, trendsetting edge-to-core solutions provide the foundation for many of the world’s largest and most demanding networks that generate billions in service revenue for our customers.
Infinera is seeking a qualified Staff/Principal High-Speed Analog IC NPI Product Engineer to bring innovative telecommunication products to market in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment. The engineer will collaborate with R&D on product definition, requirements, DVT, qualification, test, and production ramp-up. As a member of a vertically-integrated team, the engineer will be directly supporting test and application of the IC at various assembly levels up to the system level product and will be closely working with product, operations and reliability teams. The self-motivated engineer must be able to anticipate problems and devise effective solutions. The position is based in Sunnyvale, CA.
- Ensure that requirements for > 100Gbaud ICs are defined and met up to the system level
- Act as NPI liaison between IC design team and module/system-level HW integration and test teams
- Drive supply of ICs for performance and reliability verification activities
- Perform statistical data analysis on large data sets to characterize and improve the product
- Troubleshoot and resolve IC and integration, yield, and volume ramp issues to prepare for product release
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Experience with High-speed analog IC designs with SiGe BiCMOS or CMOS
- A good understanding of device physics and impact on analog circuits and techniques to improve performance.
- Experience working cross-functionally to execute NPI through multiple dev cycles
- Aptitude to work with a large body of data, perform statistical analysis, and present data and ideas to a diverse audience
- Must be a team player with good verbal and written communication skills
Please note that Infinera has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, our employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation for a medical/disability or religious basis is approved or as otherwise required by law. Candidates are not required to and must not furnish proof of vaccination or request an accommodation during the application process. Candidates will be required to do so only after a job offer has been extended and prior to their start date if they accept the job offer. A person is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the person has received one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and two weeks have passed since receiving the final dose of the vaccine.
- Staff: MS or PhD in EE/physics, 4+ years of job experience
- Principal: MS or PhD in EE/physics, 8+ years of job experience