IQE plc is the leading global supplier of advanced wafer products and material solutions to the semiconductor industry. IQE’s core business is the design and manufacture of compound semiconductor wafers or “epiwafers” using a process called epitaxy. IQE’s epiwafers are used in advanced electronic and photonic components which enable a broad portfolio of today’s technology products.
IQE’s vision is to be the best advanced semiconductor materials solutions company in the world. Being best means delivering outstanding quality, service, technology and value such that we become the first-choice supplier for all our customers.
IQE’s mission is to deliver the best advanced semiconductor materials solutions to our customers through technology leadership; to provide our employees with a safe, stimulating and rewarding work environment; to partner with our suppliers to form mutually beneficial relationships; and to provide our stakeholders with a rewarding investment.
Purpose of the role
Responsible for Wafer Technology product sales and business development.
Management Team Responsibilities
· Supporting the day to day running of the company
· Support the successful implementation of company policies
· Contribute to the development of company strategic plans
· Management team member responsible for all aspects of company’s commercial activity
· Manage and mentor the Technical Sales Engineer
· Responsible for delivering order book to enable annual budget to be met
· Work closely with production team to ensure that the requirements of customers are met in full
· Develop and implement business development strategies which deliver revenue growth
· Provide technical support to Customer Service and Quality Depts, this including authoring technical responses and feedback when required
· Responsible for authoring business plan content to support annual budgeting process and 3-year business plan reviews
· Prepare and give technical presentations to customers and conference events
· Represent Wafer Technology at conference and trade show events
· Meet with existing and potential customers (domestic and international)
· Manage sales agents responsible for foreign territories
· Represent Wafer Technology during IQE Group presentation events
Qualifications / Essential Skills
· Proven track record in a technical sales or business development role
· Working knowledge of compound semiconductors and their applications
· Degree in a science or engineering discipline with a knowledge of semiconductor materials, technology or device processing
· Postgraduate degree in applied area compound semiconductor materials technology would be highly desirable
· 5-10 years of commercial experience in a customer facing technical role
- Medical Insurance Coverage
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP) – variety of discounts and deals.
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long/Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan – Company match of 50% on first 6%
- Sales bonus plan
IQE is an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled), are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location