Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over Approximately 2,300 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
Thorlabs, Inc. is looking for a talented and motivated Mechanical or Robotics Engineer to work on developing laser products. The position will work across multiple laser product design teams within the Thorlabs Laser Division and will collaborate closely with optical and electrical design engineers to release new laser products. Additionally, this position will assist with transfer to production and sustaining engineering throughout the life cycle of products. The successful candidate must have a proven record of industry and academic achievement, show strong analytical and communication skills, be comfortable doing hands-on work, and thrive in a collaborative environment.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- Minimum of 3 years’ industry experience working with high precision components
- Strong skills and experience with mechanical drawing software packages, such as SolidWorks, is a must.
- Managing complex assemblies with 100’s of parts
- Metal Machine Shop experience
- Education: BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or Robotics
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- SW Simulation or COMSOL to evaluate natural frequencies or thermal performance of a complex assembly
- Basic knowledge of optical design in free space optics or fiber optics
- Experience with instrument design is a plus, especially optical, medical, or semiconductor devices
- Motion control experience, especially with capacity to evaluate a design for micron-level precision
- Working with outside vendors
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5377310