Location: Richmond, California
Type: Full Time
Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment
Years of Experience:
3 openings available.
DiCon Fiberoptics, Inc., is a well-established photonics technology company based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Over the last three decades, company has developed many patented technology platforms in the optical communication and solid-state lighting industries. Utilizing these core technology platforms, DiCon develops world-class products and markets most of these products directly to end customers. The company has strong vertically integrated capabilities, allowing it to respond to ever-changing customer needs as well as create new markets.
With the rapid transition to LED lighting and increasing demand for data communications bandwidth, DiCon is preparing for rapid growth over the next two to three years.
We currently have immediate openings for the Nano-Optics Process Engineer position to work with the nano-optics team to fabricate and develop process for optical component applications. The primary job function for this position will emphasize on design, fabrication and characterization of a nano-structured optical device.
Qualifications & Requirements
- New graduate or experienced, preferably with a B.S. or M.S. in materials science, physics, chemistry, chemical engineering, ME, EE, nano-science, or inter-disciplinary fields.
- Direct experience with the semiconductor fabrication processes and tools, and measurement apparatus, associated with nano-scaled structures.
- Research experience in nano-technology, especially nano-structures for optical applications is a plus.
- Experience working in a clean room environment is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Comfortable with a fast-moving high-tech industrial environment.
- Must be able to do hands on work in cleanroom or optical testing lab.