OPCoE enables new frontiers in visible-light and infrared systems, missile defense, space exploration and much more. We are looking for someone with a strong background in electro-optical engineering, specifically Infrared Seeker technology, to support Missile Defense Programs (MDP) as an IR Seeker Subject Matter Expert (SME). As a Senior Staff Electro-Optical Engineer and IR Seeker SME, responsibilities will involve leading technical efforts for Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) seeker product development which includes:
• Modeling of IR imager optical prescriptions
• Baseline sensor performance for requirements analysis
• Establishing optical tolerances
• Reviewing sensor athermalization architectures
• System range performance analysis
• Development of sensor performance specifications
• Supporting optical requirements flow-down analysis
• Development of bore-sighting/alignment concepts and alignment procedures
• Providing support to optical system hardware integration and testing.
You should demonstrate effective verbal communication, proven ability to develop concise and professional technical presentations, and ability to effectively deliver briefings to peers, leadership, and US Government customers. We are seeking a new colleague who is willing and able to work in a classified environment.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Some benefits Lockheed Martin employees enjoy are:
• Paid Time Off
• Work/Life Balance
• Career Development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & Recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5377286