Location: Washington, D.C.
Type: Full Time
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Years of Experience:
The Sr. Director of Brand and Enterprise Marketing is a new position that is responsible for the planning, development, implementation, management and monitoring of the Society’s global brand strategy and the execution of it as well for the investigation and implementation of enterprise-wide technology solutions that will enable Optica to effectively optimize all marketing and communications campaigns sent to the optics and photonics community.
The major areas of responsibility for this position include:
- Increases brand awareness via the timely development and execution of an annual Optica brand marketing plan. The plan takes advantage of all marketing channels and products and services (as possible) across the organization as well as in the optics and photonics industry at large.
- Develops and effectively manages an annual brand specific marketing budget associated with said plan.
- Investigates and analyzes technology based solutions that can provide a seamless experience for Optica’s customers across all marketing channels in collaboration with IT and marketing teams. Leads implementation of any tools selected in conjunction with all applicable stakeholders.
- Convenes regular marketing meetings to discuss brand and marketing best practices and how to employ them, how to best leverage the Society’s brand across all of its programs and services, and how to best coordinate and streamline email correspondence being sent out across the Society (e.g. monthly marketing calendar).
- Monitors the application of Optica’s brand across all marketing and communication channels used by the Society and provides training and feedback to those employing the brand in their programs, products and/or services on suggested changes to ensure the ongoing integrity of the brand.
- Evaluates the Optica master brand guidelines on a regular basis and updates and/or adapts them as needed to ensure that the brand is being used successfully and consistently across all marketing and communication channels. Effectively communicates updated/adapted guidelines across the Society.
- Creates and executes brand related initiatives that support the needs of the Global team and the same in partnership with the Executive Office (e.g. Optica annual report, holiday card, giveaways, brand pull-up banners, etc.)
- Provides ongoing reporting, develops actionable insights, and tests and undertakes new approaches to extend awareness of the brand.
Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree required with a major in marketing or branding preferred.
- 7-10 years marketing and branding management experience required. Experience with a scientific non-profit preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of product and service marketing, content marketing, branding, public relations, channel marketing, marketing analytics, and events marketing required.
Skills and Abilities
- Dynamic and creative individual with strong budgetary/analytical/organizational skills and the ability and desire to take on increased responsibility over time.
- Ability to take an innovative and entrepreneurial approach to effectively market Optica’s brand.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment required.
- Detail-oriented and thrives in a hands-on environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with a wide variety of constituencies.
- Ability to effectively work with and productively engage with those engaged in marketing and communications activities across the organization
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft office/Windows operating system
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel 5-10% of time.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica, formerly OSA, offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]