The Executive Assistant will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
We provide advanced photonics solutions and other specialty technology for US and international Special Operations Forces and Combat Arms elements that are forward in the fight.
B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015-certified developer, manufacturer, and systems integrator of optoelectronic and related products used in defense and law enforcement applications. The company’s core competencies include turnkey laser targeting and illumination systems, night-vision devices, long range surveillance, and other integrated laser systems. We are proud of our reputation as a technology leader in delivering solutions that are proven to meet the demanding performance requirements of extreme environments and combat conditions. Since our origin in 1974, we have been dedicated to providing the highest quality of products, services and support to our customers. B.E. Meyers is a privately-owned and operated small business located in Redmond, WA.
The Executive Assistant provides high-level and confidential administrative support to the CEO and serves as the CEO’s primary liaison to all internal and external constituents, including the Senior Management Team and the Board of Advisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Maintain a high-level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Proactively manage the CEO’s calendar and schedule; maximize efficiency by organizing, prioritizing, and managing competing interests for his time and attention.
- Proactively identify issues that can impact CEO’s ability to execute on commitments and coordinate mitigation of those issues.
- Communicate clearly and consistently with internal and external constituents; handle high-level contacts and communications.
- Maintain contact database and document interaction with key contacts.
- Provide general and administrative support to CEO.
- Anticipate, and respond proactively to, the needs of the CEO.
- Compose and distribute professional correspondence, using individual initiative and as assigned.
- Coordinate meetings for the CEO – communicating with all necessary parties.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the CEO.
- Ensure proper conference room setup/breakdown and food setup for meetings.
- Create, organize, file and maintain accurate electronic files and hardcopy folders.
- Complete and submit executive expense reports, working directly with Accounting.
- Assist with personal matters at the direction of the CEO.
- Provide support when needed to the different departments regarding event planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must love guns!
- May manage members of the administrative assistant staff.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, and work with professionals inside and outside the company.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and proofreading skills, time management, ability to multitask and handle competing deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and be flexible to last minute changes/ directions
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENE
- Must possess an acceptable combination of education and experience to successfully fulfill the requirements of the position.
- Must have exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have a valid WA State Driver’s License.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
- Experience working with a CRM application, such as Salesforce, is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the incumbent to climb or balance occasionally and frequently requires standing, walking, sitting and reaching with hands and arms. Using hands to finger, handle or feel and talking and hearing are required regularly. This position requires the utilization of a PC; the employee may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job are close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office environment. (Examples: business office with computers and/or computer printers, light traffic).
TO APPLY: Applications are accepted using our online application process only. To be considered for this position, please apply online at:
This position may require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer