Meta Materials Inc. “META®” (NASDAQ: MMAT) is a developer of high-performance functional materials and nanocomposites. META® delivers previously unachievable performance, across a range of applications, by inventing, designing, developing and manufacturing sustainable, highly functional materials. Our broad electromagnetic technology platforms enable leading global brands to deliver breakthrough products to their customers in consumer electronics, 5G communications, health and wellness, aerospace, automotive, and clean energy. Our nano-optic technology provides anti-counterfeiting security features for government documents and currencies and authentication for brands. Our achievements have been widely recognized, including being named a Lux Research Innovator of the Year in 2021. Learn more at www.metamaterial.com
Where ideas and innovation meet.
Nanotech Security Corp., a subsidiary of Meta Materials Inc., is a leading innovator of nano-optic image
technologies used in anti-counterfeiting applications. With billions of security features in circulation, Nanotech’s
products include secure and memorable security labels, stripes, patches, and colour-shifting films for currency
authentication and brand protection.
What You’ll Love About Us:
META is a fast-growing company with a positive and committed work culture and talented workforce schooled in science and engineering. META attracts people from many countries and cultures. We also celebrate a diversity of values.
- Meta (MMAT) Equity
- Retirement Savings Matching
- Company provided Group Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision).
- Competitive paid time off policy; vacation, paid sick leave; personal days; time off over Christmas
- Casual dress
Reporting to the Director, Research & Development, the Sr. Photonic Designer will be responsible for
deliverables related to FDTD simulations and optics / photonics modelling for internal R&D and customer-based
projects. The position involves versatile, creative thinking and detailed execution of characterizing micro- and
nano-optic structures and devices, related analysis and report writing. The candidate will work within a diverse
research team of scientists, nanofabrication engineers and technicians to accomplish technical objectives.
• Analysis and Design – Design and development of new and existing nano-optical structures. Developing
physical models based on theoretical and experimental methods and applying those models to further
develop fabrication processes.
• Technical Writing – Maintaining and writing standard operating procedures (SOPs), technical papers,
reports and patents.
• Project Planning – Track and manage multiple projects to deliver on-time, on-budget and to high quality
standards in individual and team settings.
• Organizational – Ensure all materials are filed following agreed conventions and are easily accessible.
• Teamwork – Work effectively within a team of scientists and train, mentor and supervise junior employees
performing work on specific tasks. Assist sales team with answering customer technical requests
Qualifications and Experience:
• Education – A Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering, physics, or equivalent field.
• Experience – At least five years of optics / photonic modelling using FDTD techniques and ray tracing
software packages. Industry and/or postdoctoral experience are necessary for this position.
• Technical – Strong working knowledge of nano-optic device design, optical system design, and EM
simulations. Demonstrated portfolio of developing optical simulation packages in Python.
• Communication – Strong ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing, with the ability to adapt
content and style to various audiences. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster collaborative
working relationships among internal teams and external auditors.
• Computer – Excellent understating of ZEMAX, Lumerical or equivalent software packages required.
• Characteristics – Motivated, self-driven professional. Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while
working on multiple tasks – often under pressure with shifting priorities.
• Experience with micro-fabrication (e.g MEMS)
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5377160