Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is focused on shaping the future of digital surgery and expanding its robotics and digital solutions offerings across the entire portfolio, with multi-specialty, end-to-end solutions in orthopaedics, endoluminal intervention and general surgery. This includes the MONARCH® platform, a first-of-its-kind robotic technology indicated for bronchoscopic visualization of and access to patient airways for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the lung.
Ethicon, part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world’s most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon’s surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Manager, Vision Systems, located in Redwood City, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is focused on shaping the future of digital surgery and expanding its robotics and digital solutions offerings across the entire portfolio, with multi-specialty, end-to-end solutions in orthopaedics, endoluminal intervention and general surgery. This includes the MONARCH® platform, a first-of-its-kind robotic technology indicated for bronchoscopic visualization of and access to patient airways for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the lung.
The Manager, Vision Systems will lead development and implementation of hardware systems for endoscopic imaging and vision devices in R&D programs for the Monarch Platform. We are seeking a highly motivated individual that is passionate about technology and people leadership and wants to be a critical member driving our organization’s success. As a leader within the broader Vision & Sensor Systems team, you will be tasked with guiding a hard-working multidisciplinary group of engineers to provide R&D support for the current vision platform and develop new camera and imaging systems.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develops imaging pipeline designs for each application of the Auris portfolio and integrates technology into endoscopes and capital systems.
- Runs a hardware (electro-optic and optomechanical) and firmware (ISP) engineering development group, including team budget and staffing.
- Coach individual engineers through technical challenges, promoting their career path within the organization.
- Works with Clinical Engineering and customers to define requirements for outstanding image quality.
- Works with each Program Manager to define program content and associated team goals.
- Coordinates design reviews across fields to ensure sound and coherent design across Instruments, Platform Hardware and Software.
- Reviews and approves engineering change orders, test protocols, reports, and design documentation.
- Coordinates team members and their activities required to generate test designs and complete verification testing internally and/or with outside testing laboratories.
- Represents Vision Systems in risk management activity, including FMEA creation/updates.
- Interacts with product suppliers, supply chain, and manufacturing personnel to facilitate critical failure analyses, component End-of-Life management, and manufacturability improvements.
- Builds the technical product roadmap for Vision Systems, including future upgrades or application potential, as well as technology/feature/cost trade-offs.
- Manages imaging system research to assess new technologies and fill the development pipeline.
- Master’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, optics, physics, or related field with 5 years of product development experience.
- 3 years of engineering management experience, including direct management of multiple reports.
- Deep technical expertise and design experience in one or more areas of hardware/firmware design (optical, electronic, mechanical, ISP) for camera, illumination and/or photonic sensing applications, with broad understanding of end-to-end system architecture.
- Experience leading external vendors and contract manufacturers in the development of custom optical, electronic and mechanical solutions.
- Experience leading multi-functional technical project teams through all phases of the product development lifecycle including design, implementation, verification & validation, transfer to manufacturing and post-market release.
- Experience in requirements definition, engineering design review, design control, and FMEA definition.
- Proficiency in statistical principles/tools and statistics software such as Minitab, JMP, MATLAB or Python.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, international and domestic.
- Prior experience in medical vision/imaging system development, preferably in endoscopy applications.
- Detailed design expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- SolidWorks CAD design, GD&T, tolerance analysis and DFM.
- Camera/illumination system optical design in ZEMAX or alternative ray-tracing software
- PCBA design with Altium design tools
- Verilog-based firmware development using Xilinx ISE/Vivado, including algorithm design for real-time image signal pipelines (e.g. MATLAB)
- Expertise in optical system metrology, including spatial frequency response, optical aberrations, geometric distortion, visual noise, and colorimetry.
- Experience in formal root cause investigations, DOE and failure analysis, applying statistical and problem-solving methods (e.g. fishbone, 5-whys, DMAIC principles).
Do you want to be part of a diverse team delivering innovative products to market? Apply today!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5377236